Translate

Friday 10 April 2015

Lidl-customer service

Dear reader,

Thank you for your comments when I was moaning on my last post about being overcharged in Lidl, some names I haven't seen before commented which was great.

That night I went onto the Lidl website and using their customer service comments, I sent them a two line moan about my £1.90. I know, I know it's only £1.90.
I entered my address, mobile and email address and waited for the usual reply.

You can imagine my surprise this morning when BM handed me a first class letter which was from Lidl customer service apologising for their error, offering me the £1.90 off any future shop and attached was a £5 voucher to restore my faith in them!

Now that is what I call first class customer service!

No quibble, no defences, no asking me to prove it.

Lidl, you have a very satisfied customer. Thank you.


8 comments:

  1. We were overcharged in our local lidl the other day , we will raise the matter when we next go in but in my experience of French customer service I expect to get a gallic shrug and they may even tell me it was my own fault , as recently happened with the telephone company when we tried to get our phone fixed . I love living in France and I would not return to the UK but there idea of customer service leaves me speechless at times .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, always worth an email or a tweet. We had a similarly positive customer service experience yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent result. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a great response from Lidl, good on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant response, lessons to be learnt by the big supermarkets who are loosing ground every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it was resolved and worth knowing now should it happen to someone else. Happy shopping

    ReplyDelete
  7. We Love Lidl's ... and their customer service is great, we have found.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete