Translate

Sunday 21 September 2014

Booty buys

Dear reader,

Nice day so went to the local boot sale. We wanted a bookcase for the study and saw a big, dark brown freestanding one at one of those house clearance sales. I often wonder where the things came from.

He wanted  a merge £8 and I gave him £5. Well chuffed. Big man is just painting it white in Annie Sloan chalk paint. No need for rubbing down, just slap it on.

I also bought bovril as I love it on toast and a regular stall always has some in jars. 2 for £3.50 and they are the big squeezy ones. I often splurge some into a stew for flavour or drink it.

Tonight we had chicken in honey and mustard sauce with new potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage and green beans. Enough for tomorrow's lunch for big man. I am trying to cook a bigger dinner to have leftovers the next day. I have a selection of curries and stews in the freezer.

I am looking forward to the "Cilla" episode tomorrow night. I love Sheridan Smith but hope it gets a bit better this time.

I don't watch a lot of tv but I am a Sex and the city fan.

X

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I like Marmite rather than Bovril, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your booty find, thats a fab price for a bookcase, I bet it will look lovely after its paint job. I love bovril to drink, it was always a treat after we had been swimming when we were kids. Your dinner sounds yummy we like the honey and mustard chicken. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great bargain , your bookcase , its always nice when you find a bargain that's also useful , well done xxx

    ReplyDelete