Translate

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Furious in Bucks today!

Dear reader,

I have been annoyed and upset all day. Is it me or are people really, really stupid?

Today was the hottest day of the year. I love the heat and even I was hot.
Big man and I popped into the supermarket and I saw a man drive in with a large dog on his passenger seat. This was 1330, so at the peak heat of the day. He proceeded to park the car, get out, close the windows, yes I kid you not, and saunter towards the trolleys.
The dog? Yes inside the car albeit with a tiny quarter light window open.

This is what happened next......

I rushed after him but lost him at the entrance so I went to security who arranged for customer services to call for the car owner over the loudspeaker. This must have taken 15 minutes so far.
I rush back outside to check on the dog. It has rammed it's whole head out of the tiny window and is heavily panting and salivating.

I stand awaiting arrival of the man...... Then, I see him, with his trolley queuing up to pay. Big man is some way away near the exit.
I approach the man and tell him I have asked for him to be called as he has shut his dog in the car and I am really concerned as it is boiling hot. (It is 22 degrees outside, about 72F)
I have to add, this is not some young lout but a middle aged, smartly dressed man.

He is not happy, tells me it's not boiling and then tells me to piss off.  Lovely.

Big man is advised and all six feet four of him (who is seriously into weight lifting) then approaches.

A short conversation ensues with a trembling apology to me. Strange that isn't it when a big bloke intervenes how the attitude changes.
I don't care about that, just go and get your dog out of the boiling car.

I just cannot believe how people leave dogs in cars, which is like locking them in a greenhouse in this weather. Leaving the window open or not makes little difference.
http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/dogs/health/dogsinhotcars

If it is 22 degrees outside it can become 47 or 117F within a car.


I looked it up at home and I urge you to please, please make a fuss if you see a dog in a car.
The police DO have the power to smash the window to protect property (a dog is property)
It's called section 17 of PACE .
The RSPCA tell you to call the police too.

Phone 999 and tell them the dog is in distress and make a note of the registration number for them.
It WILL  be in distress so you are not lying.

The rest of my day was spent simmering in the back garden. I then sensibly waited until late afternoon to walk the dog up the road as I do and have him extra cuddles for all the other dogs that don't get looked after.

Furious in Bucks today I'm afraid!
Please, please send me a comment so I know it's not just me.

Aaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhh.




30 comments:

  1. Definitely not just you - what disgraceful behaviour on the part of the man to leave the poor dog in the car in such heat. Well done you for doing something about it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was just saying to big man how I hoped some of my blog buddies would write in and make me feel better and you already had. Thank you Morgan.

      Sometimes people make you think you are overreacting

      FIB. X

      Delete
  2. Bless you and Big Man - poor dog - that idiot doesn't deserve to own the poor animal xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie,

      I just don't get people sometimes.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  3. You did the right thing ,some people should just not own a pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, I needed the comments tonight as a bit of moral support. I am so cross.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  4. It beggars belief. Why on earth take a dog to the supermarket?! Leave the poor animal at home. Well done you, not enough people are prepared to speak up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy,

      Thanks for commenting, as I said to Hazel, above, I really needed my decent, animal loving, sensible blogging friends today. I knew you would all agree and it's made me feel so much better.
      Thank you.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  5. Well done you. The man was an a*@se, well dressed poor brained. And good on your man for standing up for you, but I bet the pathetic apology didn't really make you feel much better - I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet,

      I just wanted him to not lock his dog in the car. Thank you so much for dropping me a line.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  6. yay for you and yay for big man it was very hot today for us humans and we haven't got big furry coats you did the right thing and that man was plain rude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen,

      Bloody idiots, never quite so mouthy when a big bloke turns up. I get so cross when people do this. I have decided that yes, they are thick.

      X

      Delete
  7. Good for you, it was great that you actually did something about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran,

      I can't stand by, never have done. Thanks for the support.
      X

      Delete
  8. Good for you. Next time just phone the police. That's what I'm going to do.
    Thank you for highlighting this continous problem.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      I have phoned the police before but takes too long for them to turn up. I just don't get it. I'm still cross today.
      X

      Delete
  9. Good for you, people need to speak up for animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. Thanks for commenting, they have all made me feel more positive about humans. Xxx

      Delete
  10. What a dickhead. Next time call the cops this idiot is blatantly cruel to animals.If he behaves like this in public I wonder how he treats the dog at home. These lilly livered idiots soon show their colours when faced with another man too don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfectly put. I don't know why they bother to have pets. Ha ha, you should have seen him. Little gobshite, not quite so brave or mouthy then!

      X

      Delete
  11. I had a similar situation except I didn't see the owner so I left a HUGE note in RED on the windowscreen '' You are a disgusting excuse for a human and should be a ashamed, I then rang the RSPCA'' Some people should just be banned from having animals. I wish more people said something !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nim,

      I know the RSPCA do good work but they takes ages to come out. I can't understand people sometimes.

      X

      Delete
  12. I would have like to see how the man would have coped inside the car locked in, ashame he can't try it out, perhaps then he might not shut the dog in the car. Some people , can't understand people with no common sense. Glad you made a stand to highlight it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same here. I loudly told the rest of the shoppers too, just so they knew why I was there.
      Xx

      Delete
  13. Well done you for having the courage to tackle him about it! What a rude person - people like that don't deserve to have animals. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes people are that stupid and then some. I have been there and tracked a stupid driver down, I have called the police and I have had a Supermarket Manager get off his bum and insist that a customer gets his dog out of the oven, it is amazing what the thought of having the press taking bad publicity shots in the car park can achieve. Oh and I have been "spoken to" by an officer who was duly referred to the RSPCA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound exactly like my kind of woman.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete