Translate

Thursday 8 October 2015

Are you ok?

Dear reader,

Been quiet for a while but I have been reading yours and trying to comment as I go.

It's funny this blog land sometimes, I sometimes feel as if I know the person especially as so many bloggers share wonderful photos of their homes, where they live and even family events such as weddings.
I believe some bloggers meet up as well sometimes. I have to admit I really want to meet John Gray of Going gently blog. He is hilarious and an animal lover, my two favourite things!

Sometimes bloggers go missing and i get worried about them. It's odd after reading about someones life every day and they suddenly disappear. I have commented a couple of them to enquire of their welfare but to no avail. If you are one of two ladies I have been missing, please let us know you are safe and well. I'm a worrier.

There's been a lot in the press recently about elderly people who are on their own and how seeing someone for even a short while makes such a difference. There's a disabled man in my road who I pop in on sometimes. He has a live in carer.
He's got family in the next road who haven't bothered with him for years.

It's a sad old world sometimes.

7 comments:

  1. We get that at the charity shop, some people come in every day as they have no-one else to talk to. Someone once said they hadn't spoken to a single person all weekend. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it can seem to be a sad old world at times, but I think we have to remember that the news that's rarely reported is the good news.

    There are do many good folk out there, like you checking on your neighbour and there are so many nice things going on. It's not all doom and gloom really, the bad news just seems to travel further and faster.

    I do wish bloggers that decide to have a break or stop completely could just put a simple message up saying so. A few do, but as you say some people just vanish with no explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it's nice to read from you again and to see you are okay too. It is sad how the old man's family doesn't check on him when they live so near. People can be heartless at times but it is wonderful that you do check on him. Have a wonderful time til next time you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of lonely people out there.
    I often wonder about someone who just seems to disappear.
    I did wonder about you, noticed you hadn't written for a while.
    Just looked again to find you have! Glad you're okay.

    Best wishes,
    Angela ( Devon)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still here! Just lost my computer, and then my blogging mojo for a bit
    BAck on it now

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been listening to that on the news about the elderly, too. It's very sad - more money needed for adult care, definitely. And better community spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am guilty of missing blogging for a few days, I get into something and time runs away with me. I have no job to distract me, it is just something that happens.

    ReplyDelete