Translate

Monday 29 April 2013

Cheap chickpea curry

Dear reader,

In an attempt to make something healthy yet frugal as we are on the bare bones this month I rummaged around in the cupboards and fridge and came up with, a butternut squash and a tin of chickpeas. Here's what I did with it.

Peeled and cut up the squash.
Boiled it in water with a chicken stock cube
Mashed it up when soft, leaving a few lumps
Added some coconut milk powder
Added some curry powder
Put in a tin of chickpeas

Served with some instant noodles.

It was surprisingly tasty.

Good luck to all of you living below the line this week. Some creative menus.

FIB. X

11 comments:

  1. I will be doing this for my work lunches, sounds yummo and cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am taking some today. I just put a block of those cheap noodles in a Tupperware box and put a mug of boiling water over it. They go all noodley and then I just put the curry on top.

      Delete
  2. All my favourite ingredients in one recipe, lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran,

      I love the squash it makes a lovely thick sauce when I mash it up.

      X

      Delete
  3. I am about to try spinach and chickpea curry. I will post the recipe on my blog when Have done.

    Good luck with the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greenflag,

      Yes do, I'll have a look tonight.

      X

      Delete
  4. Sounds a great tasty and frugal recipe, I love butternut squash and I love curry, perfect!

    Have a lovely day
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      I love squash too and sometimes just roast it as sort of chips. The curry was very nice and lasted me three lunches.

      Delete
  5. Sounds good. I had an end of the month cook up last night, my favourite kind of cooking to see how much I can get from what's left in the pantry and fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog, will do a catch up read soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will also get to understand about the particular
    hotels supply plantation tour delivers. Temperatures in spring but also fall make really good camping weather.


    My weblog; szamba betonowe

    ReplyDelete