Translate

Sunday 14 April 2013

My life revolves around pounds!

Dear reader,

A lovely, sunny morning here in Buckinghamshire. I always want to get washing done and out on the line on days like these.
A warm welcome to a new reader as well which always fills me with cheer-DREAMER, so nice to have you here.
Yesterday we went off to Basildon Park, a wonderful National Trust property just outside Goring in Berkshire. It was raining as we got there but we were met by a super young greeter at the entrance who provided us with umbrellas for the walk through the woods to the house. I thought that was a nice touch. I'm not sure if they are volunteers or being paid but the guides in each room were so knowledgable and friendly they really made our visit more special. Pride and prejudice was filmed here and it's one of my favourite houses, so far. We are hoping to go to Clivedon today, of the Profumo affair fame.

Some of you have asked for the pizza base recipe. So here it is for you.


250g strong white bread flour
250g plain white flour
(500 g of white flour will do if you don't have bread flour)
1 tsp dried yeast
2 tsp salt
325ml warm water
About 1 tbsp olive oil
Put the flour in a large mixing bowl with the yeast and salt. Make a well and pour in the warm water then add the oil. Mix together to form a dough and kneed until smooth. I leave it to rise in a clean bowl with a plastic bag over it for about an hour in front of the log burner. Kneed again and either roll or if you want it thicker form into a base. Top, cook, eat, enjoy.
We had all day breakfast for lunch yesterday, veg sausage, poached egg, tinned tomatoes and a slice of toast. I had a beef stew in the slow cooker when we went out and added chucks of carrots and parsnips to it. I thickened it with some gravy granules. I had mine with mash and big man had his served in a large Yorkshire pudding with mash and roasties. 
The weight loss has not been so good today. I have found myself feeling hungry and a salad has just not been cutting it. This week was not helped by my office having a buffet leaving do and there has been loads of goodies, tortilla chips, dips, cheese and cake in the office. I have to admit, I have had a pick. Only a poun off this week so I can't moan. 
I will have a good week next week and will aim for 3 pounds. Does anyone else want to try for a weight loss challenge with me? I will post my meals so you can see what I am eating.
I am not doing a shop this week and we will eat from the fridge and freezer. We have a whole chicken which I will cook today, 2 packs organic mince, pork mince, pork loins and lots of chicken, thighs, legs and breast. I also have 4 jacket spuds, a leek, 3 carrots, potatoes, onions, frozen veg, frozen fruit, yogurts and fresh fruit. Lots of staples in the larder too, rice, pasta, noodles. We should survive on all that.
We have £45 left until pay day. We will need milk and my car is empty of fuel. Will be a challenge. 6 days and counting.
We had a no spend day yesterday and should have the same today. A pound was found in a drawer and added to the sealed pot challenge. So that's one pound lost and one pound found.
Today is sealed pot Sunday over at SFT's blog http://sftandthe101challenge.blogspot.co.uk/
I  just need to lose some pounds this week only of the fat variety!
Wish me luck.
Have a peaceful and sunny Sunday.

FIB. X




12 comments:

  1. Have a great day out. It's sunny here in Northamptonshire too. I'm feeling like a trip out to a country park, just awaiting for my man to arrive. Dinner will be either quick Thai veg curry or maybe pizza ( you've inspired me). Rations are low this end should have monthly shopped midweek but trying to stretch to 6 weeks to co-inside with my new job's pay schedule. So far since 12th March spent £143 online and £28 Lidl top up. If I can come in under £225 I'll be delighted.
    The 'blogs' still in progress - new job is taking up so much brain time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,
      That's good of you, trying to organise your money around you new payday. That's a brilliant low spend. The blogging does take some time but its really nice when you get comments and new followers. I'm sure your blog will be a great read.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  2. How nice that they met you with umberella's at the ready for your walk to the house - now, that is a nice touch - good luck this week with the weight loss - hope you have a good week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie,

      Yes, we thout so too. They also had deck chairs for the better weather too.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  3. Hi i thought i would reply to your question (on my blog) here because i know you will get notified of the response here.
    you have to send an email to competitions@moneysupermarket.com
    with a link to your bog post and with the email address of your paypal account

    regards
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Thanks for that. I have done it and they have sent acknowledgement. Would be great to get £30!

      FIB. X

      Delete
  4. Nice to hear you are making the most of of your NT membership, I think most of the room stewards are volunteers, they certainly know their stuff. Mostly they are keen to talk to you about the properties, but there are a few `dragons` who snap at the kids if they so much as think of touching something.

    Well done with the weight loss, they say about a pound a week is healthy to loose so you are right on track. Your cupboards and freezer sound well stocked and you should easily manage this week without going shopping, that will pull back your budget nicely. You will just about manage to buy diesel for your car and cruise comfortably towards payday providing you ONLY buy milk when you pop to the shop! lol

    Good luck for next week
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love having the NT membership, all those places to see, it's brilliant. We used just the parking on Sunday too and had a wonderful walk around the woods and grounds of Hughenden. Fab.

      I was owed £45 which has been paid back so I put that in the car.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  5. Lovely to hear that you're using your NT membership. That sounds like a lovely place to go to.
    I recall it from P and P.

    1 pound of weight loss is good. I will join you with the weight loss challenge.

    Thanks for the link to my blog. I was a bit late posting today because we have been on our mini-break.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SFT,

      No doubt you will post about your trip. I always like to see where you have been.
      One pound should be feasible, that would be great to have you join me. Will post on Sunday which is my weigh in day.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  6. Lovely NT places. I love finding money. It makes my day when I find a pound coin that I've used for a trolley.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice,

      I know, those little coins get me excited. They all add up!

      NT is brilliant value.

      FIB. X

      Delete