Translate

Monday 1 April 2013

New challenge new knickers


Dear reader,

I hope you all had a lovely break and enjoyed the bank holidays if you are here in the UK.

I have been walking around looking like a bit of a scarecrow in old clothes, worn jeans, bobbly jumpers, some of my knickers have four holes in them!
I was wearing the same clothes to work as I was to go walking as they were all scruffy. My boots have holes in the sole and my bras are so old and worn the metal underwired bits were stabbing me in the side. 
I HAD to go clothes shopping. Nothing major but a few nice bits in the sales. 
I saw some heavily discounted underwear in Marks and picked out a couple of bras to try on. The nice lady came in with her tape measure when I squeezed into the first one. 
Imagine my shock, I was two sizes bigger. It was the same with the jeans I tried on and the tops were just as unforgiving. It seems, dear reader that Frugal in Bucks has not been quite so frugal with food!
Not so much a muffin top as a whole bloody cake. It was not good.

I bought the new bras in the correct size and got a couple of tops. I then went home and had a serious and honest talk to myself.  I used to be slim but my weight goes up and down depending on happiness. It usually looks something like this:

Terrible relationship=nice and slim.
Happy relationship=bit of a porker

I had noticed myself starting to make jokes about my weight (before anyone else could) telling people how fat I was (before they could say it) and being the funny girl in the office. Oh ha ha ha, she may be a bit chubby but she is funny. Yeah that's me. 

So that is my new life changing challenge, sorry it's not that exciting but it is to me. I have been slim before, I know it will be difficult and sometimes I won't feel like dieting. (You can call it healthy eating if you like but to me its dieting!) 

So I have rejoined a slimming club that I have had success with before but this time I have joined online as I can't guarantee getting to the class.

You may have noticed a new progress bar. Hopefully they will all start moving soon. 
I will be weighing myself once a week and hope to lose three stones that's 42 of these!




Wish me luck. You spurred me on with my stopping smoking and I hope blogging about this will give me the same motivation.

PS. Two tips for round the shops. Marks and Spencer still have a lot of bras with mega savings. I got several for £4.50 reduced from £20. Also, if you eat tinned tuna, Lidl are doing John West packs of 4 for £2.99.

Have a good week.
FIB. X


12 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have 42lbs to lose too - just can't seem to get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss, I need a big kick up my huge bum to get me motivated again. Last year I lost a stone and a half and then come holidys Christmas and giving up work gained back a stone :-( I feel really depressed about my weight at the moment and I know there is only me can do something about it, and I will, I will!!! I have all the books and the app which costs me each month so I need to start using them. NOW!! lol

    Take care
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had to tell you that the word verification thingy was 901 chippon, what I really need is chip off lol

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen,

      Are you talking about my blog, I didn't think I had word verification thingy. It's a bloody pain, I always get it wrong. Let me know and I will remove it.
      X.

      Delete
  3. OK Hands up I am right there with you ladies, I have no idea what I weigh as I do not own a set of scales but ....tonight when I go to work I will get on my big scales it will be in Kg ( possibly Tonnes ) and I will post it tomorrow in all its disgraceful hugeness. I have never worried about my weight but I do have quite a large section of my wardrobe that is too tight, who am I kidding it is too SMALL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam,

      My wardrobe is the same, when I tried jeans on and saw the rolls I knew it was time.....
      My whole life now revolves around pounds....hmm that sounds like a post title.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you ladies - if I could loose 42lb I would be sooo happy - I lost some over Xmas but have put a couple of pound back on - I can eat whether I'm happy or sad - Karen what app do you have - I would be happy to follow a diet on line but don't want to spend a fortune xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie,

      Join me, I could do with a slimming pal. It's like my smoking though, I had to really want to do,it.
      If it would make you happy go for it!

      Delete
  5. Eat, drink & be merry - who cares what shape we are?
    Who really want to nibble raw carrots all day......and never
    forget... a little of what you fancy, does you good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear B,

      As the song goes.....Sometimes it's hard to be a womaaaan....
      Trouble with me is it was a lot of what I fancied and then a bit more.

      Delete
  6. Don't beat yourself up - you have just given up smoking. I am not saying this means you can go mad with food, but give yourself a break!! Anyway, with this freezing cold weather who wants to eat salad? Good luck, we are all behind you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, thank you Alison. It's these sort of comments that keep me strong. I'm hoping for better weather soon, sick of this cold, windy weather. Thanks for popping in.
    FIB. X

    ReplyDelete