Translate

Friday 19 April 2013

Where is your £30 going?

Dear reader,

Good morning to you and welcome to my new followers. My list of followers appears in no particular order so I have to use my memory to see who is new. Does anyone know how to see your newest followers first?
I will say hi to the following people and hope they are right.
Catherine Brown, Catherine Febrey, Daryll F6 and G Hodson, Susan Cuthbert and Jill McClinton.
Some of the names are different to your actual blogs but hey, hello anyway. Xxx

I have slipped a bit from the diet due to being disorganised which I am going to blame on my work schedule to make myself feel better. I'm finding it difficult to take lunch to work unless its a sandwich or a salad and I have run out of salad and trying to avoid bread!
A few people I know are doing this fast for 2 days diet where you severely restrict your calorie intake for both day. I think it followed on from a tv programme, was it, east, fast and live longer? It claimed to show that restriction in food intake was good for you and the thinner people lived longer. Well it was two rats actually, a fat one and a thin one. Is anyone else trying this? Do thin people live longer?

I am doing the Slimming World diet which I have joined online. I have been to the meetings before and done really well. It would be difficult to go to one regularly now so I have joined online. I have to say, it's difficult to do on your own without the thought of going to be weighed every week.
You do need to be very organised and have the rights stuff in the house. I do find it hard to eat salads without the nice dressing as well and forget a drizzle of olive oil or an advacado anywhere!
I shall keep trying until my memberships runs out at the end of June.

I received my £30 for the moneysupermarket top tips on frugal living so I was well chuffed with that. The quickest £30 I ever earned. Thank you very much. Mine has gone into the overdrawn bank account and was swallowed up and lost forever. I can't wait until we are debt free so we can then attack the mortgage. I really fancied a holiday next year but I think it will have to wait at least another year.

We only spent about £20 on shopping for this week and are living from the freezer. I have a lot of meat to use up so will be making the usual batch of faggots and probably a large curry and a chilli.

I am enjoying reading the lists of everyone else and there are some great ideas. Everyday life on a shoestring did a good one which I read this morning. http://www.everydaylifeonashoestring.com/
I think I was led there by the cakes in the picture!

What is everyone else doing with their £30? Answers in a comment please for inspiration.

FIB. Xxx

26 comments:

  1. Mine's just been moved into my account to cover some of the money I withdrew to pay for my ' new to me' netbook. It has covered a large proportion of the cost, as I have a netbook in ' as new' condition for a fraction of the cost of buying one brand new. Having to share my daughter's since mine broke a couple of weeks ago has been a pain, but I knew I'd find one in my budget if I waited.
    Thanks for your kind comment about the death of KL's friend's Mum, it was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad you got it and used it for something you wanted.

      Best wishes

      FIB. X

      Delete
  2. I think the restricted calorie days were more to do with getting the body to kickstart it's systems again. Apparently (and believe me I'm no doctor or scientist!) the very low calorie diet has shown significant effects with diabetes in tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy,

      I couldn't remember the whole programme but the guy who did it (grey hair, glasses) has written a book now. I remember the man who had done it for 10 years got much better results in almost everything. Oh I wish I had the will power.

      FIB. X

      Delete
    2. Michael Mosley is the Doctor turned Journalist who's written the book. Lots of people at work are doing it but not me!

      Delete
    3. That's the fellow. Hmmmm...would like to do it but don't think it's for me.

      Delete
  3. When I read the terms and conditions I think it said they would pay the first 500 bloggers. Mine may have been a little late so will just have to wait and see. If I do get it I may put £10 in my sealed pot, £10 for holiday and will blow the other £10 on something not so sensible. You have used your £30 so wisely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked my emails and paypal account, received the £30. Smiling from ear to ear.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link up FIB, and thanks again for the heads up on the MoneySupermarket thing! The £30 should really go into our 'paying off the mortgage' account; just have to make sure I get it out of paypal before it gets spent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat, fast and live longer on BBC and its Dr Moseley - he is following it and getting some good results

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi yes it was generous of money supermarket too. Quite enjoyed taking part . Mine was slid across into bank account too!
    Did buy a summer hat this morning though and a few bits of make up so did treat myself! ( come on sun!!). Well done on the weekly shop budget too, that's fab xx
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your lovely hat on your blog. Well done you!
      It was very generous of them I am well chuffed!
      fIB. X

      Delete
  7. Glad you were able to put your £30 to good use.

    I,m not very good at dieting and believe me I need to, last year I lost a stone and half to get back to my WW goal weight and since November I have put it all back on again!!!! A touch of the black dog is on me now to lose this weight again for the umteenth time. I just wish will power could be bought in a bottle lol I so love my food :-)

    I still haven't made the faggotts!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do exactly the same, lose it and put it back on again!
      I also love love my food. I think it's all in the mind and vanity has to be stronger than hunger pangs.
      Just made about 30 faggots, in the freezer for another day although you can eat them cold, with a bit of mustard pickle I have been advised.

      FIB. Xx

      Delete
  8. I am struggling with my willpower today. My Rosemary Conley diet starts off with 1200 calories a day. Apparently this is all a body of my height needs. I am so hungry but determined to keep going. It's so hard. All I am thinking about is food.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I struggle everyday. 1200 is low, I guess you have to plan what you are going to have. I find a glass of water does help. Good luck

      FIB. X

      Delete
  9. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's 30 tips and have earned a lot. Have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran,

      Same here, it was good to see what others do as well.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  10. My £30 is staying in the account until It is needed. That was another smile on my face today.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am on a healthy eating plan but love salad with a shake of Balsamic Vinegar or a squeeze of orange juice. I did not enter for the £30, time just ran away with me sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Pam, what a pity. Time is something I wish I could buy, the weekend has flown by. The salad with orange sounds lovely.

      FIB. X

      Delete
  12. My money will go straight into the sealed pot!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it would, you are so good. I spent mine round the boot sale in the end.

      FIB. X

      Delete