Translate

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sometimes it's hard to be a womaaaannn.

Dear reader,

Thank you Tammy Wynette for my title today.
I have had many comments about weight loss, it appears its something many of us want to do.
One of my lovely followers, a man, kindly advised not to worry about size and enjoy a little of what we fancy. I explained that I had been enjoying a lot of what I fancied.
I started thinking about being a woman though and wondered why there is a lot more need for us to worry about our looks than men.
I know there are metrosexual males out there who have a few treatments and get their brows threaded but I started to compile a list, from head to toe.

Women

Hair-usually some sort of colour and cut. Regular styling, wash, condition, some product, blow dry, straighteners.

Face- make up on, make up off, moisturise, cleanser, eye make up remover.  Eye brows styled in some way. Any other facial hairy bits dealt with.

Torso- usually some sort of hair removal of the pits and legs. Moisturiser. Tanned skin- probably faked by bed or lotion, spray or mitt.

Hands and feet- manicure, pedicure, hard skin removal.

Not to mention all the other bits and pieces you can have waxed, plucked or threaded. Oh I've been to Brazil and let me tell you it's not somewhere I want to go regularly!

Then, there's the body pressure. The pictures and let me tell you they are heavily airbrushed, of skinny girls, all fake tan, teeth and tits. You cannot pick up a magazine without feeling inadequate.

Men

Haircut

Shave

Deodorant

Maybe a bit of moisturiser?

Ooh, it's enough to make me want to burn one of my new bras! That would not be very frugal would it?

Anyway today is day three of the diet. So far it's been good. I had:

Porridge made with water and splash of milk plus sweetener.

Salad with lemon juice and a pinch of salt with some left over chicken on top.
Fresh raspberries and fat free yogurt

Homemade fagotts with potato and butternut squash mash, cabbage and carrots with a little gravy
made from granules.

I'm hoping for at least 4 pounds loss this week. I will be making salads mostly for work and really cutting down on the bread. I'm not going to deprive myself and will be having a few treats (like the homemade Yorkshire puddings last night)

Have I gone all women's lib? Do you feel under pressure to look good?

FIB. X




8 comments:

  1. As I get older i don't think I worry quite so much. I still like to look nice but things like going out without make up is fine now (unheard of when I was younger). I feel more comfortable with myself now xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Fran although I am trying to be a bit better as I looked a bit scary! I haven't been to a hairdresser since last July! Ha ha, all the money I've saved. Well your photo looks like you have no worries anyway.
      As I've got older I'm more confident in my own skin, I see some of the young girls out at night now and i find I'm a bit shocked!
      FIB. X

      Delete
  2. When I venture into Boots or Superdrug for a bar of soap or some tooth-paste, I am always staggered by the aisles and aisles of creams, concoctions, mixtures and preparations available to you ladies. On top of this there are multiple manufacturers selling the same item. Thousands of bottles and tubes!
    I would have thought there was really far too much choice available.
    If you watch my YouTube videos you will notice that nowadays I don't need a haircut! I don't need a razor!
    And.....I wouldn't know how or when to use a 'moisturiser' or deodouriser! :)
    I'm a simple 'soap & water' man. :)
    Cheers....B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi B,

      It's all very confusing, stuff to make your hair grow, stuff to get rid of hair, don't get me started on the piles creams that people put on their faces to tighten wrinkles! Could get very messy!
      FIB. X

      Delete
  3. No, not for me. I like to be clean and tidy, wear well fitting clothes, do a bit of exercise and eat good food. I don't have much interest in the rest - nails, plucking, perfume, pointy heeled shoes and all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the perfect balance. I can't believe how I used to totter in high heels when I was younger, it hurts just looking at them now!
      FIB. X

      Delete
  4. Ooops...have just realised I'm actually a bloke!(except for the days where I have meetings) LOL XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I did laugh. Same here and I think I have the beard to,prove it! Just joking, honest.
      They do,get it easier though.
      FIB. X

      Delete