Translate

Saturday 30 August 2014

Shirley's chip and egg

Dear reader,

While trying to think of  cheap meals that are quick and tasty I recalled Shirley Valentine.

When asked by her husband what was for tea she said "chips and egg." Or was it egg and chips?

As you know we both work very long hours with, sometimes an hours commute each way. I need to have something quick to cook for dinner.

Tonight I scoured the fridge and found a packet of ham £5 from Asda for a big pack, some eggs as we eat a lot of them and I always have a bag of frozen chips or wedges. I am not so keen on chips but BM likes them.

Tonight was ham, egg and chips. I reckon about £1.50 a head and really filling.

We eat eggs loads of ways, scrambled with the cheapest smoked salmon I can find, poached on toast and I like a couple of soft boiled with soldiers.

Tomorrow is jacket potatoes with beans and cheese.

I wonder if there are any more meals that I can think of  that are mentioned in films. Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. 'Heartburn' with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicolson is full of food. The book includes all the recipes [the Key Lime Pie is delish]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie "Shirley Valentine" when she tells her husband they are eating "chips and egg". It was priceless when she smeared eggs across the holiday poster. I never forget that movie. I'd like to see it again some day.

    ReplyDelete