Translate

Saturday 24 November 2012

First post and about us

Hi,

After having read loads of blogs, some about frugal living and living simply I decided to start my own. This is mainly to create a record of our lives here in Buckinghamshire, trying to pay off our debt and live a frugal but enjoyable life and to also link up with some of the excellent bloggers I feel I already know.  There are just the two of us, me and the big man, (he is very tall)
We live in a small village in Buckinghamshire about 25 miles outside of London. We moved here in March 2012 after a year of mega, mega saving to scrape together the 10% minimum deposit to buy our own place.
We eventually found a lovely house that felt friendly as soon as we walked in. However it was set in the 1960's with pink bathroom and layer upon layer of patterned and painted wallpaper.
After a lot of steaming and scraping (mostly him, I supervised!) we have turned it into a nice looking home.
Sadly for us this meant a large monthly payment for our mortgage and then I found her.......SFT.
Saving for travel and her mortgage plan which spurred me on to try to be frugal. Helped along by life after money and Frugal Queens blogs. Thanks ladies!

I haven't worked out yet how to add pictures or make my blog look as good as the others but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment