Translate

Thursday 30 October 2014

Cheapest dinner and diet update.

Dear reader,

After a long day at work I wanted something warm and no fuss to make. Trying to eat a bit less meat for health and cost reasons.

I reckon this is one of the cheapest meals ever.

Lentils
Garlic
Turmeric

Chop garlic, gently sauté (I use 4 bulbs, we love it! )
Add  lentils
Add water
Bring to boil and simmer
Add a pich of turmeric for yellow colour
Simmer until,thick and creamy.

Lentil dhal. Perfect with plain boiled rice. You can add chopped coriander or crispy friend onions if you want to make it special. 

It's not bad for dieters either as long as you don't fry the garlic in a load of oil. 

A few of us started out some months ago with a weight loss challenge. We kind of lost touch and I often wonder about you all. I am happy to report that I have lost 3 stones. I am very pleased but don't feel that I go without. I would be interested to hear your stories and challenges along the way.
I am going for another half a stone before Christmas. Any takers up for a challenge? 

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss. The lentil Deal sounds delicious (and very garlicky!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your weight loss! I never join in on these kind of challenges because I simply do not lose weight very fast no matter what I do. I will just merrily go along as best I can and eventually it will come off. Good luck to you and the others though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for my tea today..it was lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps... Your " dildo in the bed" story on my blog....has just won an award

    ReplyDelete