Translate

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day thoughts.

Can't believe how quickly Christmas goes by. The dinner which takes hours to prepare is gone in minutes. The presents which were bought and wrapped are all over. I suppose we are lucky to be able to see friends and family over Christmas and I often think of those who don't or can't.
I am at my parents in Kent. They live in a small close, mainly elderly people in bungalows. I am so shocked how many of the relatives don't bother to visit, it's so sad.  The couple next door were both in their 90's and we never saw any relatives visit. My mum used to go in and check on them. Sadly they both passed away within months of each other and we saw relatives we never knew existed turn up at their bungalow. Probably measuring up to get it on the market.

On a happier note we have just come back from the beach where we took my parents 4 dogs. They loved it and got the wind up their tails and paddled in the sea. All back now and tired out on their beds.

Big man has had to drive back to our house as he has work tomorrow. The weather is terrible, constant rain and wind. I am thankful we are not affected by floods though like some people who have had their whole houses ruined. He has got home safely.

I am looking forward to the New Year and have a very non frugal confession to make which I will be stopping in the New Year as well as having a no spend 2013 except for certain necessary items which I am making a list of.
I am determined to make the most of our money next year. So hard to make and so easy to fritter away. I have just finished reading the moneyless man book which was an excellent read and although not a possible way of living for us, there was a lot to make me think of the waste we create especially about water and the way we dispose of body waste!
I will give away the book via this blog if I ever get any followers! Ha ha.


1 comment:

  1. You do sound determined Sarah! Keep up this great attitude.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete