Translate

Sunday 23 December 2012

Lost in the woods.

We have just come home from a rather long walk. We took a neighbours little dog out for a walk as she can't get out. We walked to the common and posted some last minute cards. As the little chap was enjoying himself so much we kept going. He actually had a smile on his face. We found a doggie friendly stile with a little lift up gate to the side so we decided we should make use of it and keep going and going and going. I actually got excited when I saw a house. Sadly it was just one large, mansion type house with electric gates a Porsche and a Range Rover. I didn't think they would be up for giving two muddy walkers and a Jack Russell who looked like he was wearing black trousers a lift!
On we went and eventually came to a road, which we recognised and momentarily were thrilled until we realised it was the road that the boot sale we go to is on, about 6 miles from our house.
The little Russell didn't look like he could do that much, (well that's what I told the big man anyway) and I was worried about getting him home to his owner who was going out. We had no money and no phone, how organised! We headed to a pub and the lovely landlady at the Swan in West Wycombe let me use her phone to ring a cab. She even got me an old sheet and we wrapped the dog in it to hide him from the taxi driver. He looked like a badly swaddled hairy baby Jesus in a children's nativity play.
£15 later we got home. So much for a frugal day out. It was so nice not to be rushing round shops at this time of year though.
Big man is just getting in more logs for the burner so I can dry some washing. The house is full of the smell of warm bread as I put the breadmaker on before we left. Roast chicken and present wrapping tonight.
Also have seen that my blog is up and viewable. I have one follower, the lovely SFT. Thank you. X

1 comment: