Translate

Thursday 27 February 2014

Have my cake, eat it and still lose weight.

Dear reader,

Good morning and thanks for your comments yesterday Karen and Joyful, it's always great to have support.

In my quest to lose weight I joined Slimming World last night. A really nice group. It's strange really as I know what to eat and should be able to do it myself but the thought of going every week to be weighed and writing my progress down makes me far more motivated than doing it alone.  There's also a bit of healthy competition with a slimmer of the week award. Strange how a little sticker brings out the competitiveness.

Last night after the meeting I cooked two sea bass fillets, fried in a squirt of fry light with a jacket potato with natural yogurt in it and a mini Babybel light along with a large salad. Big man had oven chips and mushy peas.

This morning I duly measured out my 250ml of semi skimmed (which didn't look much) for my two Weetabix. I diluted the milk with water and it tasted fine with granulated sweetener on top.

I am still going with the couch to 5k running plan. Today was a big day for me- week four.
You do a 5 min walk, 3 min run, 90 secs walk, 5 min run, 2.5 min walk, 3 min run, 90 secs walk and the final 5 min run with a cool down 5 min walk.
I don't run fast only a jog and turned the gradient down to zero today. I was tough but I do feel a bit of a buzz when I finish.

I must make it very clear, I am no runner, don't like it, out of breath, legs hurt. That was me but I am getting into it now.

Today I will have an egg lunch, maybe omelette or egg salad and tonight at work will have jacket potato and baked beans with some fruit.

They mentioned last night the half syn cake! All goodies such as chocolate, wine, crisps, cheese and a hing extra is referred to as syns. For instance a curly whirly has 8 and a packet of French fries crisps is 6. I am allowed 10 a day. Tough choices but I was very interested in this cake for just half a syn. I could eat it all! Here is the linkHalf syn cake

How are all my weight loss ladies doing? I know we have lost touch a bit but I'd love to hear from you.


8 comments:

  1. DD17 and I joined last week and we are going for our first weigh-in tonight....DD17 says she is hungry this week, but she has also turned up her nose at some of the food on offer, so hoping that she has lost tonight to give her a boost of encouragement xx Good luck for you too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen off the wagon a bit. I tried slimming world a while ago with good results but haven't managed to keep the weight off. I'm just trying the eat less and do more thing. In my defence, I have to battle with medication that causes weight gain so it's like swimming against the tide sometimes. Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were away over half term visiting various friends and family members- but I am pleased to announce I am the same weight as when I went [despite going out for 8 meals in as many days!] But back to salad lunches now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased to say I have lost 26lbs in total since November and 5lbs in February so it is slow but coming off and going in right direction.Hope all goes well for you and slimming world:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us know how you get on if you make the cake. A friend of mine made a couple of cakes and "magic pancakes" not long ago, with hilarious yet inedible consequences!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your diet. I'm another Slimming World member and have lost 4 st so far with another stone to go. I'm finding it hard going at the moment and I'm hoping that better weather will help me want to eat more healthily and mean I'm more inspired to get out for nice long walks. Will have to try that cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found slimming world really good in the past, I found the plan easy to stick too. Good luck.

    Caroline
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a few years ago I joined SW but I too found it the easiest one to stick to. Good luck! Sx

    ReplyDelete