Translate

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Oh do jog on!

Dear reader,

As part of my weight loss challenge I am doing the couch to 5k. Let me tell you, I am couch with a capital C.
I don't like running, never have. I hate the feeling of breathlessness, I hate the aching legs, I hate the red face and its just generally unnecessary. The stupid runners who don't stop to cross the road, we've all seen them. Lycra clad, headphoned spitters!

When I was about 20 a jogger jogged onto my windscreen.  I was pulling out of a junction, obviously not quickly enough for running man who landed face first on my car. He was starring at me through the windscreen of my Fiat Uno and I was starring back. In my panicked attempt to put my hazard lights on and get out and help him, I squirted him with the screen wash. He jogged off looking a little red eyed.

Anyway, I digress. I was telling you about my hatred of running. (Secretly, I'd love a pair of the Lycra tight bum, skinny leg track suit bottoms from Sweaty Betty)
Yes, hot, sweaty, puffing, NOT FOR ME.




Or so I thought....................


I downloaded a podcast. NHS couch to 5K. Brilliant.
Laura, (she's really nice) tells you when to run and when to walk. Lots of walking at first which was just as well. Anyway, I am now on week 2 and on to week 3 next.

I think I might actually be enjoying it. Ssssshhh, I don't want the runners to know that I might actually have joined them.

Have bought all healthy food this week. Chicken, fruit, salad and fish.

Tonight we are having chicken pizza. The chicken is the base. I butterfly the chicken fillets and grill them really slowly with a spray of oil to stop them catching. I spread a bit of garlic paste over mine. (Well actually it's just garlic and water that I blended-makes a great garlic paste but it does stink the fridge out but you can freeze it)
Once the chicken breasts are cooked, spread with a little homemade sauce. Tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion, however you like yours. Then add toppings of your choice. I used low fat mozzarella, olives and peppers.

What healthy recipes have you tried recently?  Let me know.

Stay safe.
X

5 comments:

  1. keep at it. ~to begin with, I thought I was going to die and pee myself whilst I was doing it! I now love it, I'm slower than a snail on sleeping pills but faster than the lard arse who never gets off the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter a Race For Life. It's a great challenge to aim for, they're great races and it's a fun event. Well done for sticking at it :)
    Ps it's also one of the best stress busters going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh keep going, do!! I had to give up running when I damaged my knee. I so miss it. My weight loss has plateaued [is that a word] only 1lb this week after such a promising start. But we WILL get there, together, if we keep on encouraging one another like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I'm afraid my running days are over. The knees have had it. But I can still walk with poles and I get on my stationary bike too. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete