Translate

Sunday 4 May 2014

Quick crispy chicken.

Dear reader,

Hello, have been away for a while. How lovely to see new followers Chris Carter and some other via Bloglovin. Thanks for reading.

A busy day in the garden today. Weeding, making new beds, planting and generally tidying. I needed a quick dinner for tonight as we are both tired. Now we could get a takeaway but a curry would be about £30, KFC about £20 and I am still dieting. 2 stone lighter and I don't want to eat greasy, fattening food. What to do?

I buy the large packs of chicken portions from Asda for £5. Thighs, drumsticks and two large legs.
I split the pack and freeze. I had two legs in the fridge defrosting so decided to make this. Crispy chicken with potato wedges and stuffed peppers.

I skinned the chicken legs and coated them with half a teaspoon each of Bovril. The chicken flavour is best but I only had beef. I wanted a sticky surface for some approved food crispy breadcrumbs I had. I sprinkled these on top, ready for baking. I peeled and par boiled the wedges and sprayed with fry light. They will go in the oven together.
I halved a red pepper and filled this with a portion of frozen veg mixed with onion and a tablespoon of cream cheese. A light sprinkle of grated cheese on top and baked in the oven for 15 mins.

Great meal, low calories, low fat and a whole lot cheaper than a takeaway.

Have a great weekend.
X

2 comments:

  1. Bloody good idea but I do hate Asda
    Could I go to marks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just catching up. Sounds lovely. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete