Translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Food shopping-overcharged!

Dear reader,

Hope you all had a good break over Easter. I went back to work today and we have managed not to do any food shopping for two weeks and one day! Today, however I needed to. I was near a Lidl in quite a nice place and it was great inside.

I spent £52.50 and that will last us the week, hopefully more. This is what I bought.
Mini chicken roast (2 breasts wrapped in bacon with stuffing a chipolatas with gravy) reduced £2.09
Large pack of chicken drumsticks reduced £1.74
Chicken breasts-pack of 2 reduced £1.74

White cabbage 67p
Half leg lamb joint £8.35
Fresh ginger 12p
Mushrooms 89p
Fresh chillies 49p
Baby tomatoes 89p
Braeburn apples £1.19
Carrots 45p
Avocado 79p
Pears £1.19
Living salad trio £1.00
Strawberries £1.49
4 large onions 79p
Little gem lettuce 69p
Two pack avacado£1.49
Milk 89p
Greek style cheese 93p
Cottage cheese 43p
Basmati rice £1.79
12 Fr eggs £1.85
Bottle of wine £4.99 (overcharged me by £1)
Lean mince £2.99 (overcharged me by 90p)
Overcharged me! Yes and I hadn't realised until I was listing it all. I'm really cross. It never, ever seems to go in the favour of the shopper does it and they're so fast at the check out that you can't check the prices. I know it's only £1.90 but if they do that to everyone its a nice earner.
The mince is in the freezer and the wine has been drunk. BM is allowed one bottle a week when he gets a day off but it usually stretches to 2-3.

I was today at a meeting right next door to the shop but if I go back to claim my £1.90 it will cost me more then that in fuel. I could post a letter, again costing me money.

Any thoughts as you are usually sensible and savvy on these matters?

Back to the food for the week. We had the chicken mini roast tonight with potatoes, carrots and peas. BM was still hungry so I gave him the mini fillets which I had cooked in a bag with BBQ seasoning.
Tomorrow will be egg salad wraps for lunch and lasagne and salad for dinner. I think that's the last of the lasagne which I made a couple of weeks ago and froze. We still have "soggy bottom" quiche and pork steaks in the freezer from the last shop. If I get some liver I can make faggots again. I'm hoping to make a few salads as summer is approaching and a few pounds of us both would be good. I shall make a coleslaw from the white cabbage, carrots and onion and the lamb leg will make at least 4 dimmers. We usually have one roast dinner each and one curry each with sandwich leftovers from s large leg. This one is a bit smaller but half the price that I pay in Asda and a lot less than the butcher.
I still have fish in the freezer and I want to try Jamie Oliver's fish curry one night. I always have flour so will make my own flatbreads. Nigella also does a lovely lamb salad so perhaps that will be on the menu too.

Goodnight. X


7 comments:

  1. There are times you just have to accept that you are out money. I think this might be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a horrible feeling knowing you have been overcharged Especially when you are trying to be careful with money. I was overcharged at Morrisons a couple of weeks ago, £6:25 for 4 reduced lemons, should have been 25p!! I rang them and told them it might be a couple of weeks before my next visit to the store, they made a note in the diary and I collected my refund on Thursday, no problems. I still think you should give them a call to let them know, you might just be lucky and get some vouchers... I love your shopping list, it looks just like mine :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh annoying, maybe try your local Lidl and explain why not returning to the one who made the error?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your adventuring with food. I'm lazy as work full time. When the family were home we cooked large and froze but they've grown and its us and we're dieting. Enjoyed your comment about your friend and Big Ben :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give them a ring or e mail them you can with attachment of photo of till slip perhaps?
    Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let them know. I bought a garment that ripped the first time it was worn, I had no receipt as it was a Christmas present & not worn straight away. They refunded without question. They will believe you even though food has been eaten.
    Best wishes,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, if it is the store I think it is, where I shop (begins and ends with the letter L!) then I would email them with the whole story. I have found their customer services via email to be second to none, so it's certainly worth a try. Really annoying to be overcharged when you are trying to keep to a budget; best of luck! Linda.

    ReplyDelete