Translate

Thursday 2 January 2014

What do you snack on?

 Weigh in Wednesday which happened to be on New Year's Day had some great results.
Rambler did not put on any weight over Christmas and has maintained a 3lb loss-that is brilliant considering the temptations of this time of year. Lynne has a 1.5lb loss which I know you weren't thrilled with but look how much that is in the picture plus half again.  Eileen T has also lost a pound-as has Karen. Well done. Treaders has lost 5lb in 2 weeks although I know you were rather poorly which is never great. Hope you are fully recovered. I remember being slimmer of the week once after a nasty bout of  Gastroenteritis (I never admitted though).
Pam has a great idea of donating her excess foods left over from Christmas to a food bank-I like it.
Julie@Dragonfly Gems has done the hard part-getting on the scales! I'm at the heaviest I have ever been but I keep telling myself that I will never weigh this much again. Miss PiggyBank has also got on the scales and weighs a very respectable 8.8 pounds less than she did a year ago. I'm sure I can put that on in about a week! Welsh Poppy has also lost a pound-brilliant!
Denise and I both had a small gain over Christmas but we are going to lose it again.

Wow 12 pounds lost since we started this challenge and that was at a really difficult time of year to start a diet. I know some people don't like the word diet. Call it healthy eating, they say.
It's a diet for me and its because I am too fat. It's as simple as that for me. I'm putting in more fuel than I am outputting. My tank is overflowing. Ooh err.





I wonder where she is going? 

I find that I have to be organised when I want to lose weight. If I get hungry because I haven't been organised, that's when bad stuff happens. That's when I grab and go. Crisps, chocolate and other bad choices happen when I don't prepare.
I now keep a stash in my drawer at work of mug shot soups. I find they satisfy me and keeps me busy while I make it too.
I know some people keep veggie sticks in the fridge or homemade soup ready to heat. Mini Babybel cheeses and an apple are a favourite snack for me along with Ryvita and low fat cream cheese.
Frittata or thick omlette are a good snack for work too as it can be eaten cold. 
What snacks work for you? 
What do you open in case of emergency? 

Have a great day.
X




11 comments:

  1. When I lost a load of weight a fair few years ago my snack, and I was a massive snacker, was popcorn. If I felt the urge I'd make a big bowlful and scoff it. It worked for me because in my mind it wasn't "healthy" - I can't get into my brain that a carrot stick is a snacky treat, but it wasn't unhealthy and it had a crunchy texture that I didn't get with a lot of the other foods I was eating at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My go to snack is fruit, any fruit or carrots and celery. I have a full on cold just now so food tastes like soggy cardboard I am hoping that will help. Onwards and downwards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post ! Where did you get the photo of me trying to call a big enough cab to get me home! Must gave been a great party, I can't remember a thing!".....

    Snacky stuff, mmm I'll think about that and get back. Really i'm pretty good at fruit or something low in points when i' m dieting. It's all or nothing with me.
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I seem to be teh only person in the world who loses weight over Christmas, I'm probably not teh best person to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slimfast do little pretzels you can get them in some of the discount shops, there great for snacking and already portion controlled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - I missed WIW, but the result is 10st, 7.6lbs, which is a pound off. Yay!

    The diet hasn't been good, but I ran 5km on Christmas day and 5km on Saturday too, which I think helped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ! I didn't actually do the Wednesday weigh-in, only today and I've lost one kilo, which I'm very chuffed about. Mentioned you in my post today, too. I keep a stash of soup in a mug in my locker at work too; I actually bought them in London and I'm so pleased with them as usually, that type of stuff gives me heartburn but those don't. It is very filling !x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone is doing so well on your challenge.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a day late with my weigh in........sorry....... but lost 1 1/2 lbs since our last weigh in before Xmas - now #st 8 1/4lbs.......will try to do better next week and jump on the scales on the right day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nuts,a banana with a little peanut butter or the world's best smoothie, almond milk, with some steel cut oats and a banana all vitamixed together, omg. Very filling too as a breakfast and it keeps ya regular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know my current weight as no scales, and we are still away. I have not eaten well, but did not expect to until now when our holiday ends. Will be with you every step of the way from now on, need to do something urgent as not sure I can get back into my work trousers for Monday!!

    ReplyDelete