Translate

Saturday 8 March 2014

Happy, sunny, positive.

Dear reader,

Welcome to my new followers, thank you for reading.

Lovely sunny day here and I have a few days off. Diet is going really well and I am feeling very positive.
I am on week 4 of the couch to 5k which is 3 and 5 mins running, twice with shorter rests between.
I will move on to 8 mins running next week. People have mentioned the high they get after running and I now know what they mean. I am enjoying it!

I haven't done much cooking apart from a veggie chilli which I like to take to work with boiled rice.
We have both been eating omlettes, salads, fish and lots more fruit. I definately feel better.

I now feel hungry in the morning which I never have before. I look forward to breakfast.

This is what I usually eat now.

Breakfast-  2 Weetabix with half milk, half water. Hot with sweetener.

Lunch- jacket potato with natural yogurt and tuna, large salad. Muller light yogurt, banana.

Dinner-Fish and salad, satsuma and apple.

I usually have an Alpen light cereal bar for a snack with a cup of tea at work. I am trying to increase my water intake as well.

Food buying is just chicken, salad, fruit and milk. Much less bread although big man sometimes takes a sandwich to work. Am getting into this healthy eating and loving it!

Have you made changes to your diet? Do you get you 5 a day? Are you a Slimming World follower?
I would love to hear you stories and recipes.

Have a fabulous weekend and I hope this gorgeous weather comes to you.

X

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Hun. Hope you are feeling good, I see you have some new followers too. Have a great weekend. X

      Delete
  2. Well done, I'm thinking of a mushroom & chickpea curry for this evening to help use up some mushrooms & a left over naan bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ".......and I hope this gorgeous weather comes to you."
    Well, yes it has. :)
    All the water here in Bourne End has gorn down and we are left with loads of flotsam and rubbish which floated down stream and dumped on us. :(
    I was not directly affected but many main roads were closed. I went across Cookham Moor through about a foot of water to get to my Building Society. Took some money out and then the PCSO wouldn't let people go through. I insisted and managed to get home without going via Maidenhead and Marlow.
    Glad to hear you are doing well on your diet. I have made a start. I have given up all alcohol. Haven't lost an ounce! But I have at least saved a lot of money and I do feel better as well.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great and certainly have found the willpower to succeed. So far so good with me, your menu looks like a good balance and includes more than 5 a day, I dont have a problem with this, snacking on fruit is better than snacking on biscutes and chocolates. I dont know about you but I am an all or nothing girl and cant do moderation, a day with a treat turn into a full week of treats!! So for me its knuckle down and healthy eating all the way.

    Have a fab weekend.
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete