Translate

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Weight loss Wednesday

Dear reader,

 A few of us decided to lose some weight this year. We called it weight loss Wednesday and we started off really well.
You know how these things are, you sign up, stuff happens, you get busy at work and with family and we kind of lost our mojo. ( does anyone know what that actually is?)

Our oomph, pazaaz, motivation, call it what you will. I, for one lost my way. I didn't diet, I didn't try, I slowed with my blog writing. Changes at work, not for the better and general life does keep you busy. We lost touch. If anyone still fancies it, let me know.

After a particularly piggish week I noticed a vivid red ring around my stomach, it hurt and felt bruised. Some deadly disease you may ask.........

No, my jeans were so tight they had dug into me badly. The same with my bras, knickers and even boots were squeezing my calves. I couldn't bend down so well anymore to ties laces and putting on socks left me puffing and hopping round the bedroom like a telly tubby. Eh oh!

Last Wednesday I walked into a large church hall. No, not to pray for weight loss.
It was a local Slimming World group. I got all the books and the little card. Got weighed.....not good, stayed for class and took the lot home for a good read.

What was I expecting? It's a diet based on, well healthy eating. Fruit, veg, not too many carbs and very little fat. What we all know. I know what to eat, I know how to cook, I know oil is fattening and so are crisps and chips and I know that fresh fruit and veg is good. It's the going every week and being weighed and writing in down in a little book that I find motivational.

I returned tonight. I had been good, very good. I lost 6 pounds!

The girl next to me was making me laugh. "I fancy a kebab" she whispered.
"No, you can't have that" I said. "Why don't you cook some chicken breast and have it with salad and a bit of chilli sauce, that may taste like it"
"Not that sort of kebab" she replied
"Oh" I said "You want the dripping doner meat one?"
"Mmm" she replied "I might text him indoors to get a couple for when I get home"

As I drove out later I saw her walking past. I couldn't resist a shriek out of the car window,
"Stay off the kebabs"

I'm not sure she will speak to me next week.

What exactly is in a Donner kebab meat remains one of life's mysteries.


What have I learned so far?

Stop shoving crap in my mouth and the weight drops off.
Eat less and do more
I'm not really hungry, I just think I am.
If I wake up and I'm not hungry, I pigged out the day before
And Mullerlight yogurts do some fab flavours and are 10 for £3 in Asda.

8 comments:

  1. I used to attend SW group in a village on a Thursday. We finished at 8pm.

    At 8:05pm the village chippy was full of SW group. Think we all thought that we'd burn it off by the next week.

    6lb is excellent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Caroline, that made me laugh out loud. Some of the people at my class just go for a night out I think. There's nothing like chip shop chips though, loads of salt and vinegar! Bliss. X

      Delete
  2. If you mix some low fat lamb mince with garlic, chilli & herbs you can get something similar, at least you know what is in it. Well done on the weight loss 6lb is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you thats a fabulous weight loss. I tried SW but it isnt for me, most of my weight loss has been done with WW just suits me better. I have fallen off the wagon so many times since the start of this year but this morning bruised and battered got on the scales, not a pretty sight! Food diary is ready to go and hubby is on board :-)

    It was chinese for us every week after weigh in, the lady behind the counter got so used to us popping in that in the end the order was being written as we walked round the corner!!!

    Heres to another good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6lbs is a great start - half stone award next week!!! I have lost over four and a half stone over the last year with Slimming World - I love it and yes, I am a Muller Light addict! Someone at our group gave us a recipe - 85g of pudding rice, can of sugar free cream soda. Cook the rice in the cream soda and then when done and slightly cooled mix with a vanilla muller light! Lush - it feels like a naughty treat but its free! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6lb's is a great weight loss you must be over the moon. i am doing it on my own and was tempted to join SW but think my plod along for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If people knew what was in kebab meat, they wouldn't go near them. I've just started 'Veggie Wednesdays' to add to our 5:2 diet; so easy, and so slimming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi and it's good to see you back! I also fell off the wagon and put back on the lbs I had lost!! That and 2 more sadly, so I for one would love to restart this challenge. I'll get weighed and back on the diet! Here's to losing those extra pounds - again!!
    KJ x

    ReplyDelete