Translate

Friday 11 July 2014

Burglars and swingers!

Dear reader,

I heard today of an elderly person who had been fleeced of several thousands of pounds. Do you know there are some hideous people out there who will even force people to sell their homes and sign wills over to them?

We have a rule in our house as do my parents. We never open the door to anyone, ever.
Does that sound weird?

I wouldn't open my car door if a stranger asked me to open it so why my home?

Lets face it, who comes to the house uninvited? They are never coming to give me money but the other way round. I know of a man who opened his front door and got smashed in the face with a garden spade, house burgled, thanks very much.

We are all so careful about what we spend, can we make our own bread cheaper? cut down on flushing the loo yet we open the door and allow people into our homes and make ourselves very vulnerable.

I know I have written the last couple of posts about crime prevention but it makes me so cross when I hear of people getting burgled and robbed.

Now I live in quite a nice place and we don't have any trouble but they are out there, watching and following old people from Bingo halls and cash points. Please don't let it be you or your relatives.

Elderly people have a habit of keeping large amounts of cash at home and these people know that. The lure of a Hydrangea bush and a hand rail lets them know older people live there.

I'm not sure why I picked out a Hydrangea, I think it's because my grandparents had them.

By the way, is it true swingers have Pampas Grass outside? Bet that'll keep the burglars out, maybe I will suggest that to the old dears down my road.

Ps. If you do have Pampas Grass and are not a swinger, then definitely don't open the door to strangers.

5 comments:

  1. I'd not heard that about swingers & pampas grass, my brother in law had a pampas grass, & I certain he wasn't a swinger. Swingers don't throw their car keys in a basket thee days either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I agree that it isn't wise to open the door to uninvited people. I also think that people, especially those of advanced years and poor mobility shouldn't be out late at night walking around past 10 p.m. I have one local friend who won't listen to me and continues to stay out seemingly later as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not answering your door to anyone ever is a bit sad. Have you considered installing a security mesh door. Great for refreshing summer breezes and interacting with door knockers in complete safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not sad. Why should I open my front door to someone uninvited? They only want something, usually money.

      Delete
    2. I guess I am very lucky then. People sometimes knock on my door uninvited for positive reasons.

      Delete