Translate

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Lazy Sunday cooking

Dear reader,

Hot weather is tiring me out. Am sleeping about 10 hours a night and still feeling weary during the day.
Today was a bit cooler here in Buckinghamshire so after my treadmill slog I had a cold shower and went to pick up the little dog that I walk and his owner.

We had a short mooch as it was humid and popped into a garden centre. Don't worry, I got the little dog out and we stood in the shade while his owner shopped.

It still totally amazes me that people leave their dogs in cars in this weather. Oh yes, they really do!

I don't like to see dogs in cars unless its winter. THEY HAVE FUR COATS. They boil from the inside out, they don't sweat like we do, they really suffer.
Aggghh, I know it's not you, my lovely blog friends but they are some real thickos out there.

Anyway, after a very short stroll in the shade we popped into a pub and sat under a canopy with a potable dog water container and had a lovely lunch with a white wine spritzer for owner and soda water and lime for me. A very pleasurable afternoon.

Dinner for big man and I was pork belly strips with a jacket potato and veg. I roasted the pork belly in a roasting bag with BBQ sauce mix (Approved Food) then after 20 mins I crisped them off under the grill. We had mange tout and sugar snap peas with a jacket spud. I had seen a box of 4 in Asda for £2 in the frozen section. You just microwave for 5 mins from frozen . Fresh are about 50p each anyway and these are easy. Will be buying them again.

I know it's Tuesday but I had half written it on Sunday.

Stay cool. X

7 comments:

  1. I don't even walk mine after 9.30am as it's far too hot, they much prefer lounging on the tiled kitchen floor in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the heat either... I walk my dog at 8am but it's still too warm then! The stupidity of so called dog lovers that leave dogs in cars with the widows down a fraction or not at all.. makes my blood boil !!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a lorry full of pigs going to slaughter? No one cares about them on a hot day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I switch between not eating meat only due to welfare and loving a leg of lamb. They still transport live animals from only one dock in the uk which is Ramsgate. Are you in the UK? I'm a strong believer in free speech so you don't have to be anon if you want to write in disagreement to me. X

      Delete
    2. I have a blog that is nowt to do with food but have had it full of dodgy comments after saying something like this before. Yes I'm in the UK. Animals are transported all round the uk from the farms they're raised terribly in.

      Delete
  4. I've just discovered your Blog, hello! I have a dog and think to myself, if I'm hot then she must be, and it's up to me to keep her safe. Bless her, if only she could speak!

    ReplyDelete