Translate

Wednesday 10 July 2013

My fifty pounds BBQ

Dear reader,

I have also entered the £50 BBQ Moneysupermarket.
I have to organise a BBQ and blog about it spending £50 in total to do so.

Most of our friends will be expecting meat and lots of it but as we all know, this will cost a lot so I have been wracking my brain for unusual ideas. I may do a theme, I may hold it here or elsewhere, perhaps on the river. All in the planning stage at the moment.

Do you BBQ? Or do you find it all too much hassle and just cook indoors and bring it outside?
Does your man get all cave mannish and want to cook?
Do you go for easy gas or authentic charcoal for the smokey taste?


As always I know you will send me your ideas and fabulous recipes which I always love trying.

Signing off as going to work.

Have a great day.

Much love
FIB. X.


3 comments:

  1. I love BBQ's!! But as a rule you have to eat it outside. and we're all charcoal here :)

    I just had a read up on this and might give it ago myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please may I come to your BBQ I'm sure it will be delicious whatever you decide to cook. I have a little recipe for you its one Ive had for years, it came from Shirley Goodes "The Goode Kitchen" its a sauce made from store cupboard ingredients, nothing special needed so quite frugal and delicious.

    Add the following ingredients to a small pan

    2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
    2 tablespoons Honey
    2 "" Plum Jam - I sometimes use marmalade!
    2 "" Tomato Puree or ketchup
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
    1 teaspoon dry Mustard, or any you have

    Blend all the ingredients together over a low heat and bring to the boil. Pour into a hot sterilized screwtop jar and keep in fridge until needed
    Use the sauce to baste your meat while cooking, its sweet and sticky, great for ribs and chicken.

    Enjoy `spending` your £50.
    Karen x

    Opps nearly forgot.... we use Gas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    I love a good bbq but get bored with the sausage and burger senario very quickly. I usually prefer to do a theme, fish & seafood: buy whole mackerel, bass or sardines when on offer. A side of salmon can be cooked on a cedar plank and is a show stopper. Waitrose do a good bag of frozen squid. You could bbq chicken, mixed seafood and serve with paella seasoned rice for a Spanish theme, small chorizo and tapas style dishes to company. Homemade lamb and Coriander burgers with flatbreads, mango chutney and raita dip for an Indian feel. Little foil parcels of bombay potatoes ? BBQ chicken butterflied with aubergine and courgettes, serve with a tomato sauce and Parmesan, bit of a take on chicken Parmesan, serve with a side of pasta, maybe pasta with pesto, fresh spinach and toasted pine nuts? and bbq'd garlic bread in some form. There are so many options, I prefer charcoal for added taste and also to deploy manpower. If catering for quite a few I usually stretch out the drinks budget by serving sangria, or pimms, maybe G&T's with a little elderberry cordial. Fresh pineapple or banana, necterines griddled great for dessert or even chocolate stuffed bananas. Griddle apples with a toffee sauce and served with American pancakes great on a flat hot plate. Hope that gives you a few ideas, I'm sure you will get many. I look forward to seeing 'the BBQ' post xxx

    ReplyDelete