Translate

Thursday 28 November 2013

Doctors surgery-humpffff

Dear reader,

I always seem to get the miserable, unhelpful old bag in the doctors and today here in Sandwich was no different. Always negative, negative, negative.

Ooh you're a bit late
I'm not sure if the doctor will see you now
We need you to fillin some forms
I'm not sure we can fit you in now

I turned on my heel and said I would seems own doctor in a few day.

She then said, " Oh, if you're sure"

If I'm sure? Well you didn't fill me with much hope of seeing the doctors here.

What really pissess me off is that if it was a private surgery/clinic and you had to pay they would be falling over themselves to be nice to you.

Because its the NHS they treat you like dirt.

Is anyone here a doctors receptionist? Please restore my faith as all the ones I've ever met are supercilious, miserable old cows. I've always put it down to them being so bloody ugly!

That feels much better now.

Humpffff.

X

6 comments:

  1. No, they don't fall over themselves to be nice if you use private healthcare instead. There's no saying you won't spend a lot of time in the waiting room either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum used to be a very nice, helpful one! At our doctors it varies dramatically, one lady is just fabulous, nice, kind, tries her best, but the others are either a bit meh, or downright obnoxious. I've realised that if you want to be dealt with really well by the actual doctor ( that's if you ever make it in to see one) , make sure they have a trainee in with them, boy they go the whole hog, dare I say they like showing off??? - speaking with recent personal experience here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! They always ask at the doctor's office why you are there, and you have to answer in front of others what's wrong -- and sometimes it is embarrassing.

    There's nothing worse than a doctor's receptionist who insists you tell her what is wrong with you in a room full of other patients. I know most of us have experienced this, and I love the way this old man from Wycombe handled it:

    A 65-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room and approached the desk.

    The receptionist said, "Yes, sir, what are you seeing the doctor for today?"

    He replied, "There's something wrong with my dick."

    The receptionist became irritated and said, "You shouldn't come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that."

    "Why not? You asked me what was wrong, and I told you."

    The receptionist replied, "Now you've caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear and then discussed the problem further with the doctor in private."
    "You shouldn't ask people questions in a room full of strangers if the answer could embarrass anyone," the man said. Then he walked out and waited several minutes before re-entering.

    The receptionist smiled smugly and said, "Yes?"

    "There's something wrong with my ear."

    The receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice. "And what is wrong with your ear, sir?"

    "I can't piss out of it."
    .
    One up to the old men of South Bucks!
    Cheers B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being on time helps!

    And when a doctors receptionist asks what is wrong with you tell them firmly that you will explain that to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing wrong with the receptionists, they are doing their job. The problem is that they all wanted to be traffic wardens, but they scored too high on the arrogant test.

    ReplyDelete