Translate

Saturday 30 November 2013

Just a quickie

Dear reader,

Just a quickie to say thank you for all your comments and concern about my sore mouth. I am back home in Bucks now and the sore is almost gone. Boy it did hurt though, it felt like a bad burn.

I will be up the doctors immediately if not healed by Monday morning.
Sorry for my grumpiness and to any doctors receptionists out there, I'm sure you are lovely.

I haven't smoked now since Tuesday afternoon, cold turkey and am pleased with myself. Big man is still smoking but down to about 6 a day. He stinks!

I cooked a quick chicken curry tonight and did some onion bhajis with a mix from Approved Foods.
The make was by the chef from Saturday morning kitchen, Simon Rimmer. What a name!

I discovered a shop last week called B and M, a bit like an upmarket (ish) pound land with lots of food bargains. Loved it! I got a few things that I normally pay a lot more for.
Sink unblocker-usually costs me about £3 that was 99p. Fire lighters 59p for 15, tamarind paste 59p. Loads of other food stuffs at similar prices to AF.

Pleased to see FQ has moved in. It's always nice to get unpacked and relaxed. A few other bloggers are moving too, good luck to you all. X

I used to read a blog that I enjoyed, mainly because the blogger cooked a lot and I like that too.
It was called Frugal up North. I tried to contact her but to no avail. I wondered if anyone knew if she just stopped or changed name?

We will have a quiet Sunday. Roast lamb will be slowly cooked and we may take a drive in the country and possibly walk the fat dog for the neighbour. She has moved so we have to go and collect him now. He's only 3 but huge- such a shame. Yes, yes I have tried with the owner but no joy.

Hope to be back with some cooking pics tomorrow and Karen CC, I miss your recipes! Hope you are well.

Much love,

Non smoking
Less grumpy
Still in debt
Slightly tubby (fat)
But happy

FIB. X


4 comments:

  1. Good to see the old FIB returning - albeit slowly! Please keep blogging when you can, you know we all love you, whatever ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, another one here glad to see you blogging again. Just got back from a busy weekend down in Plymouth we have done about 750 miles and haven't been one bit frugal!! Who cares we had a lovely family time with our son and his family. We've eaten unhealthy takeaways and all sorts of snacks plus a gorgeous lasagne made by my son, I have to say it was nicer than mine lol. Better pull my socks up and get back on the wagon :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Glad to see you are here too, was getting a little worried as we are waiting for your Sealed Pot total!! I am glad you have been having fun. Looking forward to a post soon (plus instructions for the patchwork puffs!!

      Delete
  3. B&M is just fab - I bought the Tamarind paste too! xx

    ReplyDelete