Translate

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Secret nuclear bunker

Dear reader,

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments over the last few days. I had been feeling less than successful with my frugal living. My food bill is not as low as I would like and the car saga continues. I have been without a car for a week now. It's not a huge problem as Big man takes me to work.

I spent yet more money on food yesterday. A small top up from Tesco. Bread, bananas, bagels, deodorant and two shower gels that were half price, sweet and sour sauce (no time to make this last night) half price sausages.

I have switched my menu plan around a bit and we had the sweet and sour pork last night. I made a huge, huge pot. Enough for 4. I had been at work and Big man was off and hadn't eaten enough. He was so hungry that two massive man sized portions later and a big girls portion for me and the whole lot was gone! Oh well, at least it was home made and we don't eat takeaways.

I finished work at 3pm yesterday, got home and quickly cooked the sweet and sour. I was so tired I had two hours on the spare bed. Lovely.
I took today off as week and had a lovely lie in until 9. I like my sleep and feel so much better after enough. I like to let the body have as much as it wants.

As we are both off we have decided to have a day out together. Yes, we will be spending money but we never go out, never eat out, go to the cinema or spend much on entertainment at all.
We need to do things and today we are going to an old nuclear bunker. Kelvedon Hatch in Essex. I have been before and it's brilliant. You go to a small bungalow in the woods and once inside you are in a huge bunker with loads of rooms. It's massive. Big man will love it.

We both love anything like secret tunnels, caves, dungeons that kind of thing. So if you can recommend any places like that please, please drop me a comment.

We will be spending £7 each on entrance and taking a packed lunch each. Sandwich, banana and a flask.

Much love
FIB. X

3 comments:

  1. I looked out for you both at Amersham Heritage Day on Sunday. Fantastic day out and all free.
    I was playing in the High Street and raised £328 for the Macmillan Nurses. Just a reminder that Taplow Court is open this Sunday afternoon and again free although I do not play the organ there. There is also (on Sunday) a free Bands in the Park do in Amersham Memorial Gardens. (Old Town - pm).
    Cheers....Bernard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a little better, enjoy your day out. I think we are all suffering a little at present as suddenly all the lovely (and very unusual) British summer weather is getting decidedly chilly and we are all under an autumn cloud. As you are managing on one car at present, could you manage in the longer term with only one car? I do understand that this may not be possible long term, (my husband and I are currently looking for work and are unlikely to be able to share the one small car we have) but it may be possible to continue car sharing where possible to at least reduce the cost of fuel.

    ReplyDelete