Translate

Sunday 29 September 2013

Giving up holidays in the name of debt

Dear reader,

This was sitting in Drafts. I have posted it so is a bit back to front.

Thank you for your helpful and supportive comments yesterday. I do like to listen to your ideas and advice.
The car saga is now, hopefully over. I collected it yesterday after another £40 and it started first time hooray. A total of £1420 spent on it.
It has totally wiped out my car account and the insurance is due in December followed by the tax.
Sadly I can't do without a car here.

I am still pading from MSE on the pay a debt a day challenge. I've got £20 extra to pay off our debt, not bed for a week of skimming pennies off our bank accounts in one week.

Just waiting for the direct debits to go out and then can adjust my progress bar. Can't come quick enough. We are both so eager to get rid of the debt. I have even said I will do without holidays until then. Aaaaagggghhh I love holidays.

I'm not sure where I will find the car bill money from. It's just something I hadn't budgeted for, not that much anyway and we don't have any emergency savings.

I have put it on my credit card for now to give me time. I think I will try to pay half this month and half next. I've got about half in my car account already.

I could get depressed but I won't. There are people far, far worse off than us.

I'm trying to see where else we can save money. I can't change the set bills like council tax, we try our best with the other utilities and the food is the same. We eat three meals each a day as we take lunch to work and there aren't any snacks. I would really like to cut down our food shopping which is about £80 a week from Lidl.
I think it's best if I do it in small steps rather then cut right back and have to go to the local, convenient but expensive shop.

I'd like to get it down to £60 week first and see how we go. There are 5 Saturdays between now and next pay day so am going to draw out £300 and split it into envelopes.

Some of you do so well with your food shopping. I cook everything here and mostly from scratch so I should be able to reduce it.

So giving up holidays and cheaper shopping is being done here.

Much love.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment