Translate

Thursday 5 September 2013

Down in the dumps.

Dear reader,

A quickie before bed! Up at 0430 am. Aaaagggghhh

The garage rang. I knew it wasn't good when he told me to sit down.

We are up to £1400 so far. Oh joy. It failed the mot. The brakes need doing, discs and pads, the calliper thing is knackered, the something else is jammed and a load of other stuff.

I only bought it in December and had it serviced in February. It has a full service history but it is 10 years old so to be expected I suppose.

Still, not good. That was my holiday I was hoping for. Not had one since 2011.
Used to go several times a year. Oh well.



Hope to be more perky tomorrow.

X

9 comments:

  1. Ouch that hurts!- hope the bill doesn't get any larger - take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, what awful news, you could buy a new car for that.
    I will cross my fingers that they don't find anything else wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that's going to hurt! Don't know if your garage are friends, which, if so could be tricky. But it is always worth a second opinion on MOTs. I have heard of so many cases recently where friends have have been given huge quotes from the first garage which have surprised the second garage.
    Good Luck Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!! look on the bright side it will be safer to drive and you do need your car. I hope you feel better tomorrow when you've had a good nights sleep.

    Take Care
    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poppet, sorry to hear that. Is it worth cutting your losses? I don't know how much driving you do but we're exploring car leasing for Mr M, if you don't drive too much it's a viable option. Don't work too hard x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aargh - I hate those sort of phone calls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about this. Bl**dy cars!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word! Sometimes I just think of cars as an evil necessity!
    I hope to goodness the bill doesn't get any higher.

    On the plus side, once those things on it are done, you know that you have a decent car to drive around in for a while at least. If you bought another one, you could just encounter the same problems :(

    Try and have a relaxing weekend fib. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your supportive comments above.
      You really are a lovely lot.
      The car is up to £1400 so far. X

      Delete