Translate

Sunday 8 September 2013

Stretching our food.

Dear reader,

How are you doing this month?
I am struggling on the food. It just seems to go and there are only the two of us. No kids, no pets.

We did a big shop at Lidl at the beginning of the month, £80 and did another £30 top up also there a few days later. It just seems to go. We're not having goodies like crisps or chocolate either.
We are out of bread and eggs and the fridge looks very bare already.

This is what we have left

Freezer
2 chicken leg portions
2 portions beef stew
Frozen veg
1 pack frozen Quorn mince
4 pork steaks

Fridge
4 pints milk
2 kg cheddar cheese (one I have grated)
1 butternut squash
3 peppers
1 huge sweet potato
1 small mozzarella cheese
Cream cheese
Half pack smoked salmon

Larder
Rice
Porridge
Lots of packets-curry, stir fry, BBQ- all AF bulk buys
Tins of tomatoes, baked beans and chick peas. A couple of new potatoes and peas.
2 part baked baguettes
Flour SR and plain.

I think today will be dedicated to using what I have to be inventive in making some meals.
It really helps me to list it all. It's already given me some good ideas.

Breakfasts-these can be porridge all week for both of us.

Lunches will have to be the leftover of the night before. I usually do sandwiches for Big man plus a side like chicken portions or sardines, with fruit. Then a dinner that night. With no bread I shall have to be inventive.

I will get a meal plan done by the end of the day.

FIB. X





3 comments:

  1. Looking at your list you have more than you think you have. Leftovers are great for lunches and often taste better the next day anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think they taste better when all the flavours have been absorbed. You're right there's more than I initially thought. It's the lunches for work that wear me and the food supplies out so just having leftovers now, hopefully that will help.
      Thanks for all your nice comments Karen it makes me feel very motivated. X

      Delete
  2. You have done really well with your lists.

    We saved some leftovers today. I was so excited, it seems like free food!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete