Translate

Saturday 7 September 2013

Alternative roast chicken dinner.

Dear reader,

Phew, the weekend. A long week at work some 12 hour days but did manage to get home at a decent hour last night. Well 7.30 pm, that's decent, isn't it?

Big man has gone off to work early so I am up and thought I must catch up with my blog world, both incoming and outgoing.
I realised I hadn't quite finished with my alternative roast chicken dinner from last weekend.
I'm not sure why but if I do a long post it seems to stop and I just can't write anymore so have to break into two parts. Anyone know a solution?

Before moaning about my car I had blogged about roast chicken and a yoghurt coated recipe.
I also did some spicy roast potatoes and had seen a packet of Indian paneer cheese in Lidl so had a go at making paneer and spinach, a dish I enjoyed when we used to have meals out.

So we had roast chicken, roasties and veg. The roasties were just par boiled then tossed in some oil, spices and sprinkled with a pack of lemon and herb crumbs that I had from AF. (You can't taste the lemon, it just gives a great crunch) the chicken has blackened but wasn't burnt. It goes a bit like tandoori chicken with the red stuff.





3 comments:

  1. The chicken looks gorgeous as do the roasties. I have never had the Paneer cheese before is it like Halloumi or softer? it looks interesting though.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a cross between Feta and Halloumi but no Feta taste or crumble. Needs lots of garlic. The roasties were coated in an AF Maggi crumb pack with some cumin, garam masala and curry powder.

      Delete
  2. Hi Frugal in Bucks! That looks absolutely delish! I too love a nice spinach (saag?) paneer. Haven't had one in ages. ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete