Translate

Friday 16 January 2015

Best BBQ chicken

Dear reader,

A huge welcome to Sue from our new life in the country. Lovely lady. X

In reply to one dear reader about salmon and scrambled eggs. We have smoked salmon (when on special and I freeze half of it for another day) I suppose poached salmon, flaked into the eggs would be just as good. I usually just tear ours up a little and put on the side with a squirt of lemon.

Uses for spinach? I like it throught veggie curry or steamed with chicken and flavoured with a drizzle of sesame oil or just fresh in a hot winter salad with bacon and chicken livers.

Tonight's dinner.


3 chicken breast, butterflied and fried in a little oil with a sliced onion

AF BBQ sauce over them-left to sizzle a bit

Breadcrumbed the top and topped with extra hot Mexicana cheese

Browned under the grill

Served with Italian veg and savoury rice-both microwave packets, lazy I know.

Have been out of the house for 11 hours and wanted fast and tasty winter grub.

It was delicious.

What's your signature dish?

3 comments:

  1. I don't have one but yours sounds lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't really have a signature dish, although there is a recipe I used for salmon on Christmas day that was to die for. Spinach I use raw in salads, it's a good substitute for lettuce, along with silverbeet(chard) and kale. I just slice it all, bung it in a big dish and add whatever else is lying around :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for replying about the salmon and eggs. I knew it was smoked salmon but I wasn't sure how you prepared it. I think the poached idea is a good one as the salmon I was gifted is very strong tasting and salty. I like salt & smoke. This one is too much for me but am not complaining. It is free and if I had to buy, it would be terribly expensive.

    As for signature dishes I don't really have one. I have a number of dishes I make when I am lazy and want comfort food (seared chicken then put on top of brown rice/water/onion soup or canned mushroom soup and let all bake together until rice & chicken are done. Another one my mom used to make is hamburger soup (brown hamburger and add to pot of water with chopped onions, carrots, celery. Add macaroni and tomato paste, some canned tomato if you like and boil until done). Final quick one is brown hamburger with onions or shallots, add a little flour and cook a bit stirring all around then add something like beef bullion cubes for taste or soy sauce for browning and boil until done. Serve over boiled potatoes. All these can be supplemented with a nice salad. When I'm lazy I just mix up or chop up tomatoes and English cuks for a side veg dish. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete