Translate

Saturday 15 June 2013

Frugal pizza and the temptress in me.

Dear reader,

Here is my frugal pizza recipe which we had this afternoon.

300g flour (I use whatever I have)
1tsp salt
1tsp dried yeast
200fl oz warm water
1tbsp olive oil (I use any oil)

Put flour, and salt in a bowl. You can add everything in the bowl but I like to put the yeast in the warm water with the oil and then add. Stir until you have a dough, kneed a little and then roll, squash or pull into a pizza shape. I do round and square depending how the dough goes. No need to wait for rising.

Top with a sauce, tomato, BBQ or whatever you like. Today I used a couple of marinades I got from Approved Food. Then, scrummage around in your fridge or freezer like I did today and found, peppers, cheese, olives, some ham and I even used the remaining sweetcorn fritter mix I made this morning. I just dolloped it on the pizza and it was Devine. You can see the dollops of yellow sweetcorn on the small round one. I did half and half with the sauce and toppings.
 

Sorry, no cooked pictures, too lovely to wait.
I reckon these cost me about £2 to make both. I am not food shopping this weekend in an effort to save some money.

We have no bread in the house and no more flour to make any. We will just go without. There are lots of salad leaves in the pots in the greenhouse and it will do us no harm to forgo bread for a while.
I do have some meat, prawns and a whole chicken in the freezer, lots of dried foods, rice, pasta and tins. We have milk, tea bags and cereal.

We don't go out, we don't smoke (anymore) we do have a couple of drinks throughout the week.
Big man-red wine, I am a vodka and diet coke girl.
We don't go on holiday, we drive slowly to save fuel, we keep gas and electricity to a minimum yet we still don't seem to have any money.

I am desperate for a sunny holiday but am trying to be sensible. I do have my credit card.....
The frugal half of me say not to but the frivolous half says do it, do,it, you only live once, you work hard, you deserve it. Aaaaagghhh.....temptation.

I will be good.

Hope you are being good too this weekend. Do you get tempted?

Much love
FIB. Xxx


2 comments:

  1. Those pizzas look really really good, lots of lovely toppings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make those pizza bases, roll them out on foil open freeze and pack into a large plastic cake box. When we fancy pizza I just put them in a single layer on the work top, by the time I have scoured the fridge and cupboards for toppings the bases are thawed and ready to go. the last ones that I made were topped with pesto, sliced cooked potato, rocket and a handful of grated cheese, yummy and all leftovers.

    ReplyDelete