Translate

Sunday 9 June 2013

Our free lunch from Bzz Agent.

Dear reader,

As you know, I joined Buzz Agent about 2 weeks ago. They give you vouchers for free stuff and you chat about it on Facebook, Twitter, your blog or to your friends at work.
I thought it was a good way to try out and to buy things we wouldn't normally, a bit of a treat really.

The first thing I got was a load of vouchers for Tesco Entertaining cheeses.
(I later found out the Buzz Agent has been bought by Tesco but no matter) I love a freebie anyway.

I had already made a firm decision that I would be totally honest about the product and if it was no good, I would be saying so in no uncertain terms.

We tried these for lunch on Saturday.




The halloumi, sundried tomato and olive kebabs could be eaten cold as they were or grilled. We both love halloumi and the way it squeaks on your teeth. I put them under a hot grill until the cheese just browned. They were absolutely superb. The olives were big green ones and we both said we would buy these again. They cost £3.50 for four. They would be a nice starter.
Then we tried the mozzarella topper which was tiny balls of the cheese and a separate tub of pesto.
These cost £2.25. They were nice and I copied the pack and put them on some tomatoes. The pesto was very tasty. The pearls of mozzarella were not as nice as a large one. I thought they were a bit tasteless and tough, not as soft as a large one.  There was a lot of pesto in the tub though and I had a bit left over which I tossed some asparagus in.
We had some hot pittas and I wrapped some bacon round four fat asparagus spears and roasted them in the oven. A lovely summer lunch was had here in Bucks.

Hope you had some nice grub at your house too this weekend.

Much love
FIB.x


8 comments:

  1. I love halloumi too, this sounds quite expensive but well done you for getting them for free. Think I will go and ave a look at Bzz Agent x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really nice, I have to say especially the kebab sticks.

      X

      Delete
  2. I love tricolore salad too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, I love mozzarella and halloumi so I was pleased to get both.

      X

      Delete
  3. I think I must have read the same post as you and went over to sign up. I don;t think I finished the registration. HOW MANY OF THE SURVEYS DID YOU COMPLETE? Felt like I might have been giving too much info away. Did you complete them all?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did all the surveys, every single one and I check back a lot to do more. Can you see what your score is? They score you and you have to be active a lot to get a high score. Go back and have a look. I waited about 2-3 weeks for my first one. I've got another two now, hair colour and blister plasters. Not as enjoyable as halloumi cheese I grant you but all free for the trying out. My score is 3 by the way and I don't do facebook or twitter with them. Let me know how you do.

      Good lick x

      Delete
    2. And good luck too! Sorry typo.

      Delete
  4. I didn't realise that about Tesco and BzzAgent - although it's logical thinking about the way they've gone lately. I take it you have your clubcard registered with them? I get quite a few points for doing odds and ends and as we usually use them for deals - each 25p in points means either 50p or £1 of free days out or rail travel!

    ReplyDelete