Translate

Monday 25 February 2013

Blasted well got lost, again!

Dear reader,

Had a busy cooking day yesterday. I realised I use an onion in nearly every meal. Curry, faggots, stir fry. I buy a big sack from Lidl every month which is much cheaper than buying a few here and there.
Yesterday I peeled 6, which was all I could manage at 0830 in the morning. Onion hands first thing is just not a good smell. I put them thought the food processor and after using some for faggots and some for shepherds pies I decided to freeze the rest.
I wanted the right amount for each meal not just a big block so made little onion muffins in my silicone muffin tray which I then froze to have the right amount for cooking.

After my cook fest I felt like a bit of fresh air an excersize so me and Big Man took the fat dog at the end of the road out to Wycombe Hill. It's a lovely National Trust village with a huge hill that goes up to Hellfire caves which were the meeting place for Francis Dashwood and the Hell fire club.
I think there were some notorious parties there.
Have a look here http://www.hellfirecaves.co.uk/


Up a bit higher is a lovely church


And a mausoleum


We went off through the wood which are full of deer and wildlife with the Red Kites circling overhead. I took charge of the route which is not my strong point and was certain it was right. Sadly 3 hours later I admitted defeat and we got back to the car. Still, the little dog had a fab time.
Do go here if you get a chance it's a good day out and our walk was free!

Are there any good walks near you? We may pop by one day.

Sarah x


4 comments:

  1. Hello, K2D here thought I had left a message last night but can't see it so it didn't go through. That walk sounds lovely, I am not far from you so will need to head out that way soon. Let me know how I can email or private message you and I can send you my address. Thanks so much for the book x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K2D,

      Please e mail me sarahfoxx@btinternet.com so,I can send you the book.
      Hope you are well
      Sarah. X

      Delete
  2. Drive to Spade Oak Pub near Little Marlow. Park the car (free) and walk up the Thames path to Marlow or down the Thames path to Bourne End & Cookham. The dog will just love the river! :)
    Bernard from Bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernard,
    Thanks for dropping by. Brilliant tip, will most definitely do this walk.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete