Translate

Wednesday 27 February 2013

What is a girl to do?

Dear reader,

I am asking for your help today. It's about weight loss, money saving and waste.
No, not all about food but about clothes.

This morning I eventually pulled two massive bags of clothes out of our loft. They are in various sizes depending on the weight I was at the time.
I bundled them all away while we decorated and moved into our new house which as it type I have realised is a year today! 27/02/2012. How weird.

I have sizes 12,14 and 16 squirrelled away. I am a 16 now (but a bit of a squeeze) and you know how some shops vary the sizes so much. Take for instance, Karen Millen. A 16 in there is a small 14 everywhere else.
If I am ever out at the shops, which is rare now, I do pop in if I am passing, just to have a look.
I can see the thin and snooty sales assistants peering at me, thinking.... Nothing in your size luv.
I actually now say, "it's ok, I'm just looking at the bags and shoes" before they get a chance.
What I really want to say it, "At least I have tits and these bad boys are real!"

My dilemma is what should I do with all the lovely clothes. They are classics and won't go out of fashion. I'm loathe to put them on ebay for a fraction of what they cost but then again they are shoved in the loft, probably got a Glis Glis nesting in something expensive as we speak. (See post "A lodger called Cous Cous)

What is a girl to do?
Discipline myself and diet back into them?
Pros-will look better, feel better about myself and be healthier.
Cons-Have no self discipline and love my grub.

Sell on Ebay
Pros-will clear space and get some money.
Cons-will be miffed about how much they really cost. Will have the hassle of buyers and their questions. The wrapping, weighing and posting.

Please, dear reader, what do you think is best?

8 comments:

  1. I would keep them, if they are classics as you say, if you lose weight it will be a nice bonus if you slim back into them. If it will grate on you selling them for a pittance, keep them. I have a size 14 skirt that I wore in 1994, it is highly unlikely it will ever fit me again but I like to look at it every now and then :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss PB, how lovely to hear from you. Hope you are feeling Perky once again?
      Thank you for your suggestions, as you say it always annoys me when you get nothing like what you paid. Am still thinking......

      Love
      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. re purpose them into something else? IF you do not want to sell them and are sure you will not fit them again...

    Or set up a swooshing network and swap them for other things :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Compostwoman,
      Thanks for popping in, have missed the comments from everyone, guess we are all busy. The thing is, I so want to slim down......thanks for your suggestion though.

      Sarah x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant Post, made me smile, I thought for a moment you were writing about me!!! I can identify with every aspect of this post lol. Nothing false about me either! If your clothes are classics then keep them, providing you have the space. Don't forget summer is just around the corner (I hope) and all those lighter meals will be finding there way onto the menu. With a bit of luck a few pounds might just drop off and then you will have some "new" clothes to wear without spending the pounds! Thats my theory anyway :-)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      I'm hoping for a weight loss too. Think the winter saps me of enthusiasm and need to find mojo. Not really sure what that is but Cheryl Cole says it in that hair dye advert!
      Nice to hear from you.

      Sarah x

      Delete
  4. how about some kind of 'swapping' system = a bit like LETS, maybe. Get together with friends who have clothes, household items, craft materials etc that they no longer want.Agree how many 'units of value' each item is worth, and swap. So maybe your skirt might be worth 5 units. You could spend those on a handbag brought along by a friend who will then spend the 5 units she has earned on some household linen brought along by someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie,
      I did look up LET'S but none round here. (Bloody spell check wants the comma) I like your idea. Hmm will have a check around. I remeber giving away clothes before and then wanting them back when friend looked great in them! That sounds horrid but you know what I mean.

      Love sarah x

      Delete