Translate

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Meat scandal-have you made changes?

Dear reader,

It is day 2 of the non smoking. I have a patch on and a spray to use in the mouth.
Have not sprayed but the patch seems to be working despite my sticking it on my thigh and it attatching itself to my knickers earlier.

Am feeling a bit snappy, which was an excellent excuse when the "lads" in the office were annoying today.  They always wait for me to make the tea and then hold our their mugs as if saying, "We'll, you're a woman, you make it." This was met with "Bleep, off and make you're own bleeping tea you lazy bleepers." Enter your own appropriate wording as you see fit.

I have been doing well on the "less but better" approach to meat. Since before the horse meat scandal I was aware of the type of stuff they are using in food, especially fast food and processed meat.

Have a look at this docakilah.wordpress.com/.../can-you-guess-what-mcdonald’s-food-it...

Are you shocked? No, me neither, not really. I wonder just how long they have been using horse and other cheap meat in meat products?
I had an email from Waitrose today, which was very nice of them especially as I don't shop there.
They have checked all their meat and found no horse. Oh Great.
They did have an indication of pork in the meatballs but they then said there wasn't any.

I dread to think what some of these slaughterhouses are like and definately believe all the cheap, nasty rubbish goes into the processed stuff.
As you know I am only buying organic meat now. At least that what it says on the packet but I wouldn't be surprised.........

How has this latest meat scandal changed your shopping? What do you buy in the meat section?

Let me know and don't forget to comment for the giveaway book from yesterday.

Sarah. X

4 comments:

  1. Way before the horsemeat scandal i did think about the amount of meat i consume and ways to reduce this,then the scandal happened and it has made me think about it a lot more. I don't buy ready meals or any frozen food apart from chips and vegetables so on that part i am good. I know i have cut down on my meat intake in the past few years but i could do better.
    Day 2, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New World,
      Your comment was perfectly timed. I had just had the hugest, mega craving of the day and would have cracked, had there been any in the house ( which of course there are none). I happened upon my emails to try to distract myself and there was your comment with "keep it up" at the bottom which gave me a huge boost and the craving has now gone.

      A million thank yous. Xxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. I buy most of my meat from Morrison's and I'm pleased that they have been mentioned favourably in the news.
    I hope you find this encouraging, it is meant to be helpful - I trained as a nurse many years ago and as part of our training we were taken to the local university to see various organs preserved in jars, to help us with our anatomy. I remember vividly being shown the lungs of a smoker - the damage that smoking had done, and the tar deposits that were visible. If ever I had been tempted to smoke (and thank goodness I have not) then the memory of those lungs would have been enough to stop me.
    Well done on getting to day two, every day with no cigarettes is a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carrie,

    It is helpful. Everything is and you are so right. It's the worst thing I ever did. Peer pressure at school. The joy of youth!

    Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it's really nice to get the support.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete