Translate

Thursday 28 February 2013

Tired and hungry.

Dear reader,

You know that hair dye advert where Cheryl Cole swishes her hair and says she got her Mojo back? Well mine is definately on holiday. Is it just me?

I work about 10 hours a day which involves getting up at about 0530. Not terrible you may think but I am totally not a morning person. It just knackers me out for the rest of the day, no matter how early I go to bed.
I come home and do a dinner which I don't mind as I love cooking. It's never a major cook fest for example, last night was pre made faggots (by me, not packet ones) roast spuds and roast carrots and peas.
I usually watch tv and go to bed about 2200 ish. I don't do housework in the week but may do a wash, that's all and obviously a bit of washing up.

I'm hoping the longer nights may help as it feels I have been getting up and going out in the dark and coming home the same. I suppose we all feel like this in the winter.

I have been cold in the house and despite me absolutely loathing the thought of paying them, we have had the heating on. Just for a couple of hours morning and evening. I know the bill will be huge and I will turn it off again.
Money just seems to be going going going this month. Home insurance, two car taxes. Big mans is £135 and mine is a huge £280. I wouldn't mind but consider pot hole dodging to be a daily sport!

I scoffed my way thought today as follows: (please don't think too badly of me)

One toast with tea at home
One sausage and fried egg sandwich at work
One huge cream slice at work
One homemade roast beef sandwich at work
A large bag of Tangfastics
My bosses left over chips
Half a glass of wine at home

How bad is that? No fruit, no veg. Bad bad bad girl. It happens when I am tired, I get hungry!

The food supply in the house is running low which is just as well I suppose. Will endeavour to get more healthy food this weekend.


I really don't know how working mothers do it. I admire you.

How do you cope with a busy life? Does your Mojo go in the winter. Please say its not just me.

Sarah. X

4 comments:

  1. Sarah
    SNAP ! My mojo has been waning also. That January feeling stretched to February. I don't think the volatile weather has helped at all and I'm finding early morning an effort also. It's tough being a working woman and getting everything done. I've come to the conclusion that after two kids and 26 years of working full time my home will never be perfect. It is however for the most part clean but not always a tidy as I would like and I've given up the 5 am starts to squeeze in an hour 'doing' in the morning as the house is too cold at that time. The main thing that I detest is spending what feels like a whole day at the weekend 'catching up'. Like yourself I don't find meal planing and cooking a chore and I still find time to bake in the week if I need to. I've learnt to be kinder to myself. I keep on top of things by doing a few chores each night and don't sweat the little things anymore. Its very satisfying to go to bed in a tidy house, retrieve something homemade from the freezer in the morning, step into an immaculately iron outfit and go off and be efficient and effective for someone else. I've learnt to be more E&E for myself. If for some reason it doesn't happen who's going to know? What's more who's going to care? This is where you can be kinder to yourself. Some days I eat more than I should because I'm tired, bored or simply in need of comfort and each morning I start again. At 46 I don't think I'll ever be a size 12 so I'm aiming for a comfortable 14.
    Its not the be all and end all of my attractive self. I've still 'got it' ! I know how to accent my good parts and disguise the rest. I don't see attractiveness as restricted to just skinny anymore. Good hair, skin, nails ( home manicured), confidence in dress style and the main ingredient PERSONALITY !!!
    I don't strive to keep up with the Jones anymore and have down graded my car from a German model salon to a simple small hatchback. I look around at my life and I'm almost there and for the most part I'm content. Just need the spring to roll on and I can spend as much time as possible outside!

    Take a few moments to reflect on everything thing you do and I'm sure you're achieving as much as any of us. If not apply and little E&E, tweak what you can and be kinder to yourself !

    I'm sure with the spring coming your Mojo will return

    Take care
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma,
      I have to tell you that your comment has made my day! You have really cheered me up.
      Thank you so much and we sound on a similar wavelength

      Delete
  2. Your menu for the day sounds lovely. Don't beat yourself as this sounds like exactly what you need every now and again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K2D,

      Thank you for your kind words. You and Emma have made me feel less of a fat, lazy so and so.
      Don't forget to email me so I can send the book.

      Sarah x

      Delete