Translate

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Eat less do more

Dear reader,

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my previous post.
I think I should make it clear that said "old bag" is most certainly not Froogs. It may have been a bit misleading. I'm sure she would laugh if she read it. (I don't think she reads me and I would feel a bit star struck if she did!)

The quiche was cut into portions and frozen and two pieces were taken to work today and eaten. I was really surprised at how sweet our little homegrown and sundried (in the oven) tomatoes tasted.

You may have noticed that my credit card bill counter has gone up. I had put some debts onto it as its interest free. Big man and I are striving to clear another debt we have that charges interest first. Therefore, my counter for my credit card will sit there a while. It will be good for me to see it regularly especially when I fancy a holiday!

The £5 that I nearly spent at the canteen has gone into the sealed pot challenge which we do with SFT and we have decided that for a bit of a laugh we will pay whatever is in there off our mortgage. We had said we would spend it on a short break but we are trying to be good. I say a bit of a laugh as the mortgage is big and the pot contents won't touch it but we will feel good and every little helps.

As I tied my trainer laces this morning I was stopped from bending down by a big scarey monster!

With much regret I have to admit it was my stomach. I have been coming up with every excuse to not lose weight but cannot continue. I am trying to tell myself that I only have one body and must look after it, especially as I may have to work for many more years.

Any tips for pep talking myself into losing weight. I would like to lose 3 stones. Do you reckon I can do it by Christmas or is that too quick?

FIB. X

7 comments:

  1. my fitness pal, 1400 cals a day, 30 mins good hard walk. I have been up and down all year weight wise, but overall am 30 pounds lighter than I started the year. If you really go for it I am sure you can shift it by Xmas, but I have prefered the slower approach ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovvie - bit flat where you are but find some hills for walking - 30/60 mins hard walking a day until you sweat and puff and 1400 /1500 calories a day - fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and smaller but normal supper and no snacks - lots of fluid - it's taken me 8 months to lose 2 stone and another 4 to lose my third to hit my target - plus if you spend less on food you'll have more to pay off your cc

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 stone in 4 months is a lot. From bitter experience I reckon there is only one way to lose weight- Eat Less and Exercise More- wish it were as simple as saying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice given.

    Glad the sealed pot got a meal.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to lose 3stone by Christmas too! I've just started to use the ap fitness pal too. It helps if you do as it says lol. I do t think its a tall order if you work hard at it.
    Maybe we could encourage each other?

    Anyway I see the queen has been as you put I hope that's given your blogging confidence a boost! But you are a great blogger you know, and most times you crack me up.

    Have a great day.
    Rw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely try a lot of the recipes on Frugal queen's site - they look very healthy & delicious! I have earmarked quite a few to try x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not try to lose it too quickly, I have done this in the past a few times (who hasn't) and it had gone straight back on, plus a lot more. Before Christmas last year, my husband and I decided we wanted to eat more healthily (not specifically for weight loss) but cut down on biscuits and cakes firstly; we then increased the amount of fruit we ate to compensate and before long realised the sheer amount of food we ate should be reduced too. We generally limit ourselves to 100g meat each at a main meal and increase the vegetables that are with each meal, either alongside or included in the mix (curry, pies, bolognaise etc) We do try to exercise more, but have not been so successful at this but do walk when we can (ie instead of jumping into the car). Walking is really good - take an apple or banana with you in case you get tired. I have lost between one and two stone as a result of this, to be very blunt - do not eat snacks, especially crisps, cakes, biscuits, sweets; cut down on sugars and fats. Personally I like a good breakfast and will have boiled egg and toast, sometimes just toast and jam when the bread is not so fresh (always wholemeal now too) porridge and stewed fruit (currently using windfall apples) wholegrain cereal - usual stuff. Try to drink more water, again I like fizzy but you do have to pay for this whereas the stuff that comes out of the tap is (virtually) free. We are proof that you can be frugal and fitter. Very best of luck to you. X

    ReplyDelete