Translate

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Batch cooking part 2.

Blasted thing stops me continuing on a long post.

As I was saying, I made a spicy tomato sauce. I cut some of the cheese scones open and did cheese and tomato relish. They look a bit like cream and jam don't they?

I also had a large jar of the sauce, I just used this plastic pot for the surplus.
I also cooked a load of drumsticks and stripped the meat from them. We both prefer chicken on the bone as we find the breasts a bit bland and much cheaper too. We will use this cold for salads, sandwiches or just with some rice and veg for big man. (Weight training stuff)
We had steak for dinner. I know, I know, not very frugal but it was cheap from Lidl.
(Bloody tough too) (sirloin)

I was pleased with my efforts today and hopefully this will keep us with lots to take for packed lunches. 

I have been e baying a lot of stuff lately that's why I have been away. All was going quite well until I had the misfortune to have a buyer from hell. 
Not doing it anymore, rude people who all want something for nothing. I would rather give it to charity. 
And Yvonne - you are a rude and nasty person. I wouldn't sell you my toenail clippings let alone a lovely dress.
Ah that feels sweet. Ommmmmm.

Much love
FIB. X

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your ebay experience, people like that sour the whole thing.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. Just a few spoil it. Never mind. X

      Delete
  2. You had me fooled with those scones :-) what a fab idea its made my mouth water, cheese and chutney...yum I would have a cheese scone at work for lunch with some home done cheese and onion spread, just makes a change from a sarnie.

    I like steak but god if its tough...yuk...we like fillet steak but have you seen the price!!

    Oh dear it must be your month for awkward and rude people, I would post some toenail clippings to Yvonne anyway!!! it would be worth the stamp just to put it in the post box and feel smug...

    Take Care
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      Mmm, fillet steak so expensive as you say. A treat though.

      I am over the nasty people now. Must have miserable lives.
      X

      Delete
  3. Can you please send me some lovely scones??? I promise to be nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when people turn nasty on e-bay. I had someone buy a £60 dress that had been worn once for £5 and then complained about the cost of the postage. And a really nasty person who bought an expensive camera off me for peanuts and then reported me as it had a scratch on it and had bought it for a present for her daughter. I told her to return it and I would refund her the money and she soon went away as she knew she had a bargain! Yes I'm in agreement with Karen - let us all have her address and we can all send her some toenail clippings ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      They can be soooo rude. I just block them and don't let them have the item but oh they do expect perfection. Er, go to a shop and pay the prices there.
      Bloody people!

      X

      Delete
  5. Aw man, I thought they were jam scones too! As for eBay, it's a nightmare, I've been trading 7 years and its getting worse : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are worse than ever. What do you sell on there?

      Delete