Translate

Sunday 18 August 2013

Shabby chic in the study


Dear reader,

Our first attempt at shabby chic. Big man is of the rub it down, rub it down some more, primer, rub it down, undercoat, rub it down, two coats and ready. Many, many hours of slog later.
Me? Slap it on and go girl I am.

I wanted a shabby chic, Cath Kidston sort of girlie study/reading room.

Here's what we did.......

Take one old fashioned hallway.

Move in and rip out the fake archway plus a whole load of other stuff. (See new credit card limit)

Buy and old wooden chair and a cushion from the bootsale. £11

Buy and old desk from the homeless charity furniture warehouse £15
Slap all over in no particular way with Annie Sloan chalk paint then wax.


Looks a lot more patchy in the pics and perhaps more shabby than chic bit I love it.

Next is a wooden set of drawers.
Do you change old stuff? I think the trendy word is now, up cycling.


Much love
X

3 comments:

  1. That looks lovely, well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Well done, I'm mid way through the orange pine in our living room, all nice shapes and right for our needs but way too orange! You won't stop now you've got the bug and the Annie Sloan!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so exciting to see the transformation isn't it, I'm not surprised you're happy with it.

    I've painted a fair bit of our furniture over the past couple of years. We had a lot of stuff that suited our old Edwardian terrace that didn't really suit our new 1960s house so I painted some bits and now it looks great. I'm far too much of a tightwad to pay out for Annie Sloan stuff though, I painted the dining table and chairs with emulsion, waxed it and it looks brilliant and has even withstood the chewing of bunny teeth so I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete