Translate

Saturday 17 August 2013

DIY furniture part 1.

Dear reader,

We needed some new furniture for our house. When we moved in we created a small study from a very long double hallway. Now we needed to kit it out.

Some time ago I found a really pretty little chair at our local boot sale. It was dark, old wood but really cute. Big man rubbed it all down and painted it white for me.
You may recall I really wanted a Cath Kidston cushion for the seat of it. One of the nice, pretty floral patterns. I went into the shop and found the perfect one. Sadly, my good mood changed when I was told the price was just for the cover and the pad inside was extra. Humpffff

That was ages ago and I was so pleased to get the exact same one at the boot sale last weekend WITH    
THE CUSHION inside for £4.

We have also managed to obtain a nice pine desk, you know the slightly orange ones that everyone had in the 90's. £15 bargain.
Also found a very pretty set of drawers that will go in the spare room. Very old, dark wood £35.

Tomorrow is paint day so I will update you with before and after pictures.

Bit late now for blogging but just wanted to say a quick hello as I have been absent for some time.

Much love
X


5 comments:

  1. Hurrah! You're still here! I'm in the throws of stripping ( furniture!) and painting, it always seems like a good idea! The eventual results are worth it though : )
    Good buy with the cushion : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      You are going to have to change your blog name cos every time I write M&M I need to eat them! Ha ha, how's you?
      I'm using annie Sloan chalk paint as you don't have to do any rubbing down just whack it straight on. Will let you know how it went.
      X

      Delete
    2. If you're painting pine with AS then you need knotting solution or primer on any knots as they eventually leak through and ruin your hard work, sorry to be the bearer of bad news : (. My stress relief is painting furniture and I've had mixed results with that paint but can't wait to see how you get on : )

      Delete
  2. It is so satisfying to rescue something and bring it back to life and to do it on a tiny budget. I have just put my haul of cotton charity shop bed linen into the washing machine. Once it is dry and cut up I will have a mountain of fabric that new would have cost well over £100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I love it. Up cycling is the new trendy name for it.
    Wish I could do the sewing machine thing but rubbish at that. May have to give it a go.
    Hope you are well.

    X

    ReplyDelete