Translate

Thursday 29 August 2013

Quick baked cheescake

Dear reader,

Long day at work, up at 5am. I am not a morning person.
I was pleased I had done all that cooking yesterday. We took cooked chicken to work today with salad for me and rice and veggies for big man.
When we got home I heated the cottage pie while I cooked some frozen chips. I did baked beans and we had cheesey chips and beans with the pie. Very good.

I had some cream cheese and sour cream in the fridge after cooking a cheesecake last week. I fancied making another one but only had 250g pack of the cheese. I went ahead anyway and added 150g spur cream, two eggs, 175g caster sugar and two tiablespoons of flour. Supposed to be plain but I wanted to see what SR did. I whisked it all in the food processor which I also used for the digestive biscuits. (I used 8 as I like a deep base)
It was fine without the extra cheese, the recipes calls for 600g. It rose beautifully then sank a bit but it gave me a nice edge so could top it with a tin of caramel and some sliced bananas.
I only topped the bit we were eating tonight as I didn't want the banana to go brown.

Er, the diet? Hmmm, next week.

Thanks for all your lovely comments from yesterday.
Love from Bucks.
X

3 comments:

  1. You should feel so pleased that the lunches worked out so well.

    You really are very talented in the kitchen.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know bout that. I do enjoy cooking though. You did well with your food on your holiday.
      X

      Delete
  2. I am just catching up on blog reading and now have to find time to make a cheesecake. Hmmmm, no bananas but I do have caramel. I know, some apples off 1 of the trees, diced fine and cooked with a little cinnamon, stirred into the caramel and hey presto, Apple Brown Betty Cheesecake. WOO HOO, I do have the sour cream and cream cheese, I use them every week in some way. Thank you for the idea, lunch is beginning to look good.

    ReplyDelete