Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Ten frugal tips.

Dear reader,

I said I would list some money saving, frugal living tips and ideas. Thank you for sending them to me, there are loads. In no particular order.

1. A drawer/box in the freezer for bones and veg peelings for soups.

2. Grow as much as you can, I did lettuce last year as we eat a lot of salad, very easy and a big saving.

3.Forums on money saving expert to see what offers are in the shops, then bulk buying, if you would normally use it.

4. Using the cheaper supermarkets. Aldi and Lidl both have some quality goods and I notice a huge saving compared to regular supermarket.

5. A lot of you now do this one......Eat less meat. Have a few veggie meals instead, I like butternut squash and chick pea curry at the moment. Very filling.

6. Freeze the ends of bread. Great when you need breadcrumbs.

7. Many of you now.........make your own bread. At about £1 a loaf in the shops a lot of you DIY and say its much cheaper.

8. Some of us.........forage for fruit and then freeze it. I will be doing that this year. Lots of blackberries near me for crumbles.

9. Very popular with a lot of us.......Approved Food. A discount, online food seller.

10. Many people use the envelope system. At the start of the month or whenever they get paid they separate cash into envelopes for their regular shopping each week and don't go over.

Will you use any of these tips?
I will be doing , 2,3,4,5,6, trying 7, 8,9 perhaps 10 .

How about you reader, will any of these work for you or perhaps you are a 1-10 already. Let me know, I always love to hear from you.

Sarah x
Temporarily in Kent
Cold, gales and slight snow
4 cross dogs waiting for walk.


4 comments:

  1. I do most except I don't have a freezer. Love your signature!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran,

      Just joined your blog. You have an extensive reading list and I must catch up with your blog. You do well then. I am just starting out so I love reading other people's journeys.

      Love
      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. Good luck with 7,8 & 9. I've tried 10 and that works too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,

    I fancy doing 10, I think it will be helpful and stop me being tempted.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete