Translate

Wednesday 27 March 2013

They all want my money!

Dear reader,

Hello to my new follower No More Spending. I enjoy your blog and hope you will come over to mine sometimes too.

I got up this morning and started my little ritual. I have a cup of tea and retire with my I pad to the lounge. Once parked, I like to firstly, read my emails and see who has commented on my blog. I always smile when I see my blogging friends have been visiting me. I then try to muddle through the rest. After I have done the emails I check my bank account online to make sure no money has slipped away that I didn't know about. (As was the case last week of £158 taken in error)

Big man is instructed to make more tea as I finish the first. He then lights the log burner.

I noticed, this morning that most of the emails I get are all based around me spending money.
There are the usual stack of PPI ones-in the junk mailbox. The rest are from
Groupon, wowcher and other such companies. Now don't get me wrong, we have used some of these in the past and had some great deals from them so I don't mind them contacting me.
There were a load of adverts for sales, this store, that store, £3 bras and 50p knickers from M&S.
None left in the "good sizes" for me though.
There were offers of test drives, greetings cards, injury claims, films, cheap glasses (I don't wear them) and holidays.
I just felt this morning that everyone wanted my money.  I checked the bank account, even they want me to pay them£15 a month for an upgraded account.
The post came, flyers for discounted furniture. The tv came on, buy this, buy that. Aaaaaggggghhhhh.

I was so relieved to catch up with you all and had a read of your blogs which kept me sane.
Do you feel like everyone is after you for your money?

Frugal Queen has written a good post about emergency savings HERE and it has made me really think. Big man and I just don't seem to have anything left at the end of the month. After the mortgage and the home improvement loans plus the daily bills and living costs we have nil.
I have added two progress bars to my blog. These are the 2 smallest ones so not to scare you! ( me really)
We will be paying these off and hopefully the bars will move quickly.

Thank you all for your kind messages via me to Thrifty Living. She has responded and is ok. She has blogged today as well to us all. I am constantly surprised and delighted to be part of this online community. The warmth and kindness that is here is a warming reminder in a sometimes horrible world.
I do genuinely feel that I know some of you and could pop round for tea and likewise.
Best wishes sent to Karen at Chelmarsh Chunterings who was not feeling too great.

To the rest, thank you for reading, commenting and for being there to help each other in this journey through life, however you do it.

FIB. X


14 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind wishes, I'm much better today x It appears that we have a similar routine in the mornings only hubby makes the tea and I stay in bed (lazy moo)! I get fed up of being bombarded with sales emails too, but I am determined no one is having my money at the moment!! As for saving for maintenance and unplanned emergencies, my father in law always used to say its wise to have 3 months salary in the bank to cover things like that. I'm afraid we could never reach the 3 months but did try to have something put by. Once the kids had left we saved really hard for retirement and now everything relating to the house comes out of those savings.
    I think you are really brave to put those sliding bars on your blog and I'me sure with your determination they will soon be galloping to the end, I wish you lots of luck too x Glad to her that Thrifty is ok and blogging again.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Glad you're felling better. We did the envelope cash shopping this week too. Some left but not a lot.
      Hmmm, not sure about the progress bars, it's very personal but ill give it a go.

      Delete
  2. You can come for tea anytime and i just wanted to say how much I am enjoying reading your blog. I feel exactly the same everyone is after my money too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks miss Ipie.
      My purse strings are tightly closed!

      Delete
  3. Whenever, I watch TV on a weekday, which is rare, because I work full-time, I am amazed at the amount of adverts revolving around money in some shape or for. Personal Injury claims are a pet hate of mine.
    Just found your blog. I shall enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi green flag,

      How nice that you popped in, thanks.
      I know, I'm the same, I used to hate the one with a fat bloke in it and the woman who trips on the packing cable. Ugggh, they talk at you like a child as well!

      Delete
  4. Hi! I enjoy reading your blog too :)

    Can't wait to watch you fill up those progress bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,

      I hope so, seems like a long journey though.
      X

      Delete
  5. I agree, it seems as though every thing that I read has something advertised that " i just can not live without" and the TV advertising just sends me scuttling off to the kitchen for more tea. I buy only what I need, even if sometimes something that I want suddenly becomes a "need" I only buy it if the money is available from my weekly budget. Last week left over to put into my sealed pot. I am now off to read Thrifty's new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Pam,
      It drives me crazy, you seem focused, just joined your blog and trying to find some reading time. X

      Delete
  6. Hi, first visit here today, really interesting stuff.

    I think it's easy to get bogged down in the right way of doing things when you're paying off debts, there is no perfect way as long as you're doing what you can. It's virtually guaranteed that when you think you're making progress something will happen and you'll wish you had some extra cash set aside, happens to pretty much everyone! But you'll be grand and once you start to make progress things will really pick up and you'll see more wiggle room in your budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!
      Thanks for popping by, I like getting new followers/readers. There is always something that comes along to scupper my saving plans. Desparate for more wiggle!

      Delete
  7. Around 10 years ago we made the decision to turn off our cable television subscription. I was amazed at how few things the children asked for after that and how they would gravitate to things they really liked and leave the fluff alone. It worked for us adults, too. However, I have to admit I do miss PBS something fierce to this day. We finally compromised and wait for our favorites to come out on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shara,

    That's good, I bet it took some getting used to at first. The fluff! What a good description, I like that. No fluff for me!

    X

    ReplyDelete