Translate

Monday 11 March 2013

Walkies in Kent

Dear reader,
A massive welcome to my new follower, "Everyday life on a shoestring"

Big man and I have taken 2 weeks off work to come and look after my parents house and dogs as they are going away on holiday.
I have always been brought up with dogs and I love the but I have to say I don't miss the hair.
She has 4 dogs white, black and white, ginger and creamy coloured so whatever you wear it gets hairs on it!
They demand a walk every day for at least an hour at the exact same time (which is now and I have 16 brown eyes looking at me).
The weather here on the Kent coast is foul, snowing and blowy and freezing. Sadly the walk is most definately still expected and will be done shortly.
Despite us not going away abroad this year ( or last year) I really feel that I am on holiday. I suppose the change in surroundings has helped. I did a cooked breakfast this morning and have indulged myself in an early glass of wine this afternoon.
Still not smoking, neither of us and I have worked out we have saved £98 this week!
We have had to pay out a load of money this month so sadly this will not be saved as it has already been spent. I did find money this week on the floor and as I am doing the sealed pot challenge over at SFT's blog, I can report that the grand total of 36 pence was picked up and potted and found £2 in an old purse. How funny that these little finds make me happy.
Have to dash, am getting those " looks"  from the below.
Sarah x


Add caption

7 comments:

  1. I hope you both enjoy your 'holiday'.

    And that you get those bills paid so you can start saving the ciggie money towards something really nice.

    Get yourself a progress bar and watch it go up.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SFT,

      I know, it all seems to be bills bills bills at the moment.

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. Loving those doggie snaps. Enjoy your break. I always find just when I'm getting ahead an unexpected bill or larger than expected expense turns up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,

      I know, it's just been everything this month. I must build up a pot to deal with this next year. It's soul destroying when you are trying to hard to save. Ah well, I should have been prepared and organised.
      When are you going to start blogging then?

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have a new follower. I am the lost Sarah from your book giveaway some time ago.

    All the best

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dogs, but 16 eyes?
    Enjoying your blog.
    Best wishes,
    Angela ( Devon)

    ReplyDelete