Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Slimmer New Year.

Dear reader,

I'm sure everyone is looking forward with planning and good intentions. Today is Wednesday and the  
Weigh in day for those who have joined in.
I was worried this morning when I placed the scales on the floor (carpet adds pounds) I got on very gingerly and discovered I was back to where I had been two weeks ago. 14 stones, 4.4 pounds.

I was a little bit happy as, despite good intentions, I didn't hold back over Christmas.

Tomorrow starts the new year when I will really go for it again.
I have still not food shopped and used the rest of the chicken in some yellow stickered rolls in the freezer for today's lunch for Big Man.I got up really early as I had to work today and made some lemtil and tomato soup for me to take to work.
Soup is the way forward for me in both money saving and healthy eating. I put onion and tinned tomatoes in a saucepan with a chicken stock cube and two handfuls of red lentils. Left to simmer for about 20 mins and stick blended. Took in my food flask with a small brown roll with a mere scraping of low fat spread.

I had found a small tin of tuna in the cupboard last night and have some Approved Food instant mash pots and lots of spices. Result! Thai fish cakes with some of the savoury rice I made yesterday.
I added some chopped onion, chilli flakes, Thai curry spice and the made up mash into a bowl with a tablespoon of flour. It was still quite wet so I made them into little cakes and flattened them onto a saucer with some lemon and herb crunchy crumbs, also an AF purchase.

It made 8 so hoping to have some left over for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrows dinner will be the pork mince mixed with herbs and rolled into tiny meatballs. I will make a curry sauce and use my butternut squash and tin of chickpeas along with the meatballs. Served on the rice again.

These are things that I would usually have left in the cupboard and freezer and I'm chuffed to have used them up.

I will do a food shop on Saturday and will be keeping to a £50 budget. We are hoping to be debt free (excluding the mortgage) by Christmas 2015.

A huge motivational hug to all my weight loss buddies. I hope we can really get some great results next year. If you would like to join us, just drop me a line and I will add your name.
There's no pressure to divulge your weight, it's just a friendly, supportive bunch of people who might just make themselves a little more healthy next year. I'm hoping to start with some easy recipes. I know I have got some great ideas from other bloggers and readers, perhaps we can share some more.

Lastly, have a wonderful evening whether you celebrate the NewYear or reflect on the year just going. There will be people coming into our lives and people leaving. Some will have had terrible years, some great years, maybe the best is yet to come.
A wise person once said to me, treat every day as your last, one day it will be.

Happy New Year.
Xxx

12 comments:

  1. I was 14 stone bang on this morning. Put on 4 lbs over Christmas but I am sure they will soon go when I am back on focus tomorrow. Hope it's okay if I join in the weigh-in Wednesday, too!

    Onwards and upwards (or should that be downwards??!!) all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really yummy day of food. I am so with you on the soup - must make some, although hubby is not so keen. All the chocolate now finished and am now ready for fresh food and back on the wagon from tomorrow. Have a lovely New Years Eve, we are in Edinburgh for another couple of days, including the Loony Dook in the Forth tomorrow morning (yes, must be mad) then back home to Hampshire for another couple of weeks of work before life takes another turn.
    However you celebrate, have a great time, and here's to 2014! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 12 stone 7lbs a loss of a little 1 lb but really happy I never put on or STS.

    Happy New Year and good luck to us all in 2014:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I weighed myself today as my last weigh in of 2013, although December has been poor in terms of lack of exercise and too much indulgence, I weigh 4kg less than I did on Jan 5th 2013 so overall a good result ! Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cheering you on. Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will weigh in in the morning and let you know how the last 5 days have gone, not very hopeful as its been lacking in exercise! 2 big pans of soup have been made and almost consumed, hubby decided on 2 bowls instead of having bread. We have enough left for lunch tomorrow, might have to shop on Thursday as the fruit bowl is almost empty.

    Have a lovely evening and all the best for 2014. Thank you for your bloggy friendship over the past year and for always leaving me such lovely comments.

    Happy New Year to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Sarah. I'm weighing in tomorrow for my starting weight. Won't be pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got me going there, when you said, "Today is Wednesday . . " It's easy to lose track of the days once you're retired and I thought I'd mislaid a day somewhere!
    However, I was 14st 1lb a week before Christmas despite vowing to myself that I would never allow myself to weigh 14st again. :(
    I couldn't weigh on Christmas Day as I was away from home, so tomorrow I shall see what damage has been done with a week of eating my son's cooking, including 5 mornings with a full English breakfast and our traditional bacon butties on Christmas morning. Then there was a roast goose dinner with all the trimmings and a further roast chicken dinner on Boxing Day when youngest son & family joined us. Phew!
    We managed a couple of beach walks but thanks to the wild weather they weren't exactly long or fast - more of a lean into the wind, head bowed to keep the hailstones off our faces.
    See you in the morning - and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Here's to a successful, healthy and even prosperous 2014 - with less weight to carry around. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year... just weighed in for my starting weight... OUCH is all I can say.. I'm at my heaviest ever!! Well onwards and downwards .. haha.. Good luck to all the new people who are starting this journey and keep up the good work to all those already on it. We can do this together! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hopped onto the scales this morning and am still at 11 stone. This is solely down to a lack of exercise while in Derbyshire. Now that I am at home this is already changing, Ben and I are back from a brisk 20 minute walk and will be out again at 10 for his run with Greg. I have a mountain of chocolate in the house and that is destined for the food bank. Soup is on the menu for lunches and breakfast will be porridge, made with water and salt, and fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning all and happy new year. I was still up at 2 a.m. and saw your post so thought you were "well in advance" posting on "Wednesday" - obviously enjoying the new year's party then. Good for you. I now weigh in at 11 st 6, therefore having lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. Couldn't post last week as the storms kept taking out the electricity (usually for around 6 hours at a time) and it managed to cook my wifi, so no phone or wifi for about a week. But guess what, in the wartime spirit we neither starved nor froze to death in those times. Christmas was more or less cancelled due to lack of interest, i.e. I was as sick as a dog (hence the decent weight-loss as I couldn't eat for 4 days), then it was going to be hard going cooking turkey over a candle. Not that anyone is complaining though as we like it quiet. Those 4 days without eating though seem to have helped and my stomach feels shrunk(ish) and I enjoy feeling hungry again now. Anyway, back to work on Monday and hopefully exercising during my lunch breaks if this glorious weather keeps up. All the best to you all in 2014 (oh, and I am setting myself the "shopping basket challenge" - I invented the name - for a while to see how long I can do my weekly shop for three of us using only a hand-carried shopping basket. The house and freezers are full of food so onwards and upwards! I must succeed. Either that or my basket will be so heavy it will stretch my right arm so much I can do my shoes up without bending. Cheers. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got on the scales yesterday to discover that I have put on 4 lbs over the festive period! That's been a real scare for me as it's put me at my heaviest weight ever, even taking into account when I was pregnant!! So yesterday I spent time looking at the the food available in the house, and gave a whole lot of festive goodies to a very slim friend!! I then looked at the options for losing weight available to me and decided to try the FAST day as it suits me better than any other, and yesterday was my first ever fast day. I'm pleased to report I managed to keep to it and am looking forward to a slimmer 2014! It's really good to have the support on here and know that between us all we can motivate each other when we're having a bad day.
    Thanks for starting this, now let's watch it snowball...
    KJ x

    ReplyDelete