Translate

Friday 6 December 2013

Anyone up for a weight loss challenge 2014?

Dear reader,

Another week gone and nearly another year too. I meant to spend last night working through our money and debts and working out budgets. In the end I did 4 hours overtime at work and another 1 tonight so have not done it yet. I am off tomorrow and then got offered 8 hours overtime on Sunday and I just can't turn it down, not at the moment.

I will have to do all my jobs tommorow and will have a few hours on Sunday.

We have done without a major shop but did have to spend a few pounds today on salad to go with a steak we had. I bought two steaks ages ago when they were on offer but we decided one would do us both so the other got frozen. We fancied a quick dinner so I drizzled a little garlic oil on it and fried it on the hottest heat in a frying pan. While that was going on, I tipped a big bag of salad into a bowl and added a few olives and two chopped tomatoes. I poured some more oil into a shaker with balsamic vinegar, a splash of fish sauce and a few flakes of chilli. I browned the steak on each side and then sliced it on a slant to make it thinner. It was very rare in the middle but very tender. I then tossed it back in the pan with the oil mixture then place the steak stops on the salad leaves and drizzled the warm oil dressing over the top. I finished it with a few tiny chopped pieces of tinned anchovy fillets. They add something very nice to a dish, if you like them and we both do.

I'm pleased we made the food last this week and the bread and milk top ups have been few.

We have dried stuff in the store cupboard, rice, lentils that type of thing. We have plenty of washing liquid, cleaning stuff, toothpaste etc so we just need food for the next couple of weeks.
I'm hoping to go to Lidl tomorrow (no Aldi here) and do a cheapish shop. I'm just thinking what to cook. I am trying to get back into my Slimming World book and pick some suitable recipes.

I have decided to have a good push as debt reduction in 2014. Loads of you took the time and trouble to leave a comment which really motivated me so thank you commenters.

I also have a new follower and again thank you for that, it makes such a difference to a blogger.

I am keen to save pounds but also want to get rid of some too.

Does anyone want to join me for a 2014 weight loss challenge? I am going to add another progress bar to track it.
Let me know and I'll make a list, we won't put weights just pounds lost.

Much love x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Frugal in Bucks
    I just sent an email to my sister telling her that 2014 is the year of me! Time to get rid of my flabby body :-)
    I am in for the challenge.
    Cheers
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am up for the challenge too! I have lost 3 stones already but would like to aim for as couple more in the New Year and it would be great to have some blogging support

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Count me in. I joined in with SFT's sealed pot challenge this year and saved enough to go to visit my son and daughter in law in the USA. It really helped with the motivation to be joining in a challenge, so my plan is that the same will happen with the weight. After all I've only got 5 stones to lose - not much really!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started already lost 11lb in 4 weeks and have a heck of a lot more to lose 2014 is the year I reclaim my body back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ladies, ill add you all to the list. Brilliant, it's made me more motivated already. X we can do it together. X

    ReplyDelete