Translate

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Sharing and caring.

Dear reader,

Thanks so much for all you tips, comments and advice about saving, budgeting and being prepared for unexpected bills. That's what I love about blog land the way we all share and learn new stuff together. The sealed tin we now get excited about from SFT's great blog, the days and nights of no central heating but snuggling into bed early-courtesy of Frugal Queen. The unusual but lovely dinners we sometimes have after learning about using up food from Mean Queen Ilona. She helped me stop smoking too. 7 months, a month blip and now off them again a week today.
I am more creative in the kitchen and have learned to see what I have-Karen at Chelmarsh Chunterings is a great cook! Pam from a good life in Tydd also does good recipes and I always read her blog, a very honest read, Mortgage free in three is always uplifting and has taught me how to put my big girls knickers on and just get on with it- thanks Elaine.
I would never have heard of Approved Food without you all. Your stories, your jokes-Bernard's backwater! Your problems and how you overcome them are all inspirational. Sometimes some of you go away for a while and I find I miss you as you would a friend, Miss Piggybank is back!

So this weekend I will sit down with a nice Earl Grey and sort out which account is for what and how much needs to go in each one. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I have managed not to do a food shop since 19/11/13 but have had a few milk and bread top ups.
I will go this weekend but it will be a cheap one.

Good night all, I am in bed in my onesie that my mum bought me last Christmas. No heating on today so Another day that I won't be paying British Gas!

If you have elderly neighbours please, please say hello, check they're ok and give them advice.
I'll tell you why tomorrow, it's a shocking story about a money scam that will make you so angry!

For now, goodnight.

FIB x

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh , that made me smile, I'm back !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back, fag free and with your BGK on over (sorry meant under!) your onesie - an image to ponder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the mention, well done on the smoking front but remember not to beat yourself up over slips. There is no rule that says you have to be little miss perfect every waking moment. I popped over to visit Miss Piggy Bank, very enjoyable and I will go back later, maybe she will have the kettle on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that we all help each other out with tips and ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your compliment x. I have learned o much from others while I have been blogging it's such a great way of sharing ideas. It's good to know that you are not the only one trying to make ends meet and try to live frugally. I,m a nosey moo and like to know how others cook or shop and generally spend their time., me I spend too much time sat on my bum!!!
    Take care. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete