Translate

Monday 23 December 2013

Pushing debt out of my life.

Dear reader,

Blowing a gale here in Bucks. The trees are bent over and I am loathe to go out. We are here in front of the log burner watching Del Boy promise a "steak meal" to a refined lady!

I hope all is going well where you are and you are organised and prepared.
We have significantly cut back on presents this year. I have been working through our money for the coming new year and have added, multipled and subtracted and come to the conclusion that we are skint!

Our mortgage rate expires soon so we are hoping to get a better rate and use the extra money to pay our debt off quicker.

Look out for an extra frugal year from me next year as we are determined to give a really hard push to debt.

I always have a food read of Frugal Queens story when I need a bit of inspiration.

Speak soon,

FIB. X

9 comments:

  1. I just finished paying my debts and I'm now working on my overdraft, which is a debt too anyway. I'm like you, I stalk Frugal Queen...'s blog when I know I'm going to return to my old spending habits. Her blog should be on the N.H.S. ! I have a bit of an easier time than most people at this time of year bcause we don't celebrate Xmas but we've still got to eat and heat the house. Love the slip of the tongue, FG is after all a food blogger ! Merry Christmas to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, he's, slip of the finger, food read sounds better so gonna leave it.

      Delete
    2. I had to re-read three times before I noticed. Glad you left it. Food does read better! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi frugal, its been blowing a gale and raining here all day! Finally finished everything a d delivered everything this afternoon. Just made a triffle and got the meats defrosting so we are on track. A few days of stuffing faces and slobbing in front of the telly then back on the diet wagon!! First weigh in on jan 1st.

    I would like to be a bit more frugal next year so we can have a nice holiday for our 40th wedding anniversary in June, that means the frugal cash purse will be in action!!

    Hope you get lots of lovely chill out time with big man and really enjoy your time off work. Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas and a New Year filled with happiness.
    Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do everything you wish, all the best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just nipping in to wish you Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Everyone and good luck for weigh in's tomorrow:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    I am glad you are enjoying your time off together and are all sorted for Christmas. We were not in UK last year, so have spent more on family this year, but have really enjoyed catching up with everyone; there is plenty of time to recover the finanaces (and the waistline). I am quite looking forward to the new year, although hubby has just been told that his temporary work has now finished, which is a bit of a bugger as we thought it would last until at least the end of January, but hey ho, such is life. Have a lovely Christmas to you and all your readers and here's to a frugal and slimming 2014! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for the new year. I'm determined to be extra frugal too - 2014 is going to be our year!

    ReplyDelete